Review of Prince of Blue Flowers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of Prince of Blue Flowers

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Prince of Blue Flowers" by Ryu Zhong.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Prince of Blue Flowers by Ryu Zhong is a story where you can smell history and ancient Eastern times. It starts with the story of a marten who enters a dare with her siblings while they are playing. They were all trying to grab the sun without success. She told them she was going to grab the sun for them and went on an adventure to do it. Then, we start learning about the story of Hatsukoi, the son of the blacksmith. He wasn't a normal kid. He was smart, but he used this gift in all the wrong places. One day, he did something so bad that his parents had to send him away to protect him. This place was supposed to change Hatsukoi's life. He got out of there and started a journey of adventures with a new name, Takuan. He got into a lot of trouble, but he managed to get out of it every time. What did he do, and how would things end for him? You can learn more about all of that by grabbing this book.

The most fascinating element about this book for me is the style of writing. The writer has a smooth and unique style. It's artistic but not complicated. It's a special book away from modern life and its hustle. It has this ancient eastern theme and takes you to a very different place. I found it clever of the writer to include a part of the next book inside this one. This can definitely draw some attention to the upcoming book as well, which is the sequel to this one.

I don't hate anything about this book. You won't be able to hate Takuan's character. His intelligence was remarkable. You might even secretly like him. You would wish he had used his brilliant mind in a more legitimate way. He was a young boy trying to find his way in life. He didn't try to make it a good way, though. The book isn't short and has a lot of details that might appeal to the young audience it is addressing.

I rate this book four out of five stars. The details were sometimes longer than needed for me, but I enjoyed the overall vibe. The book received professional editing, as I couldn't encounter any errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to people who like to read about solo adventures in ancient times. It is aimed at a younger audience, but adults can enjoy it as well.

Prince of Blue Flowers
View: on Bookshelves
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

This is an interesting and a fascinating review. I loved how you captured every aspect of the book. I did enjoy reading your review. This is an interesting one.
Mhiz Vyi Vyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mhiz-vyi-vyan.html
Latest Review: Beyond The Headlights by Allan Davis

Post by Mhiz Vyi Vyan »

I’m curious to know if Marten gets the sun at the end and if Hatsukoi changed. This is wonderful review.
Arash Aramis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Arash Aramis »

Prince of Blue Flowers: Adventures of Takuan from Koto is a captivating tale that transports readers to an ancient Eastern world full of rich history and culture. The story follows the journey of Hatsukoi, a troubled young boy who goes by the name Takuan after embarking on a series of exciting and dangerous adventures. The author's unique writing style adds an artistic touch to the narrative, making it a memorable read for those who enjoy exploring ancient worlds and cultures. The book may be aimed at a younger audience, but it can be enjoyed by readers of all ages. Overall, Prince of Blue Flowers: Adventures of Takuan from Koto is a well-written and engaging story that is definitely worth checking out.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm glad that this novel can be enjoyed by not-so-young adults as well, as it seems like an engaging adventure set in some ancient Asian land. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”