Review of Light and Darkness

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Review of Light and Darkness

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Light and Darkness" by Shahaf Yefet.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Light and Darkness by Shahaf Yefet is an interesting paranormal fiction book. It details the events and the war in the worlds of light and darkness. Ragnar became the king of the Valkyrie after he concluded all his rites. He and his people signify everything light. He always believed that light and darkness could coexist together. His first fight with the Clegains did not change his mind about it. Instead, it fueled his desire to see his wish come to pass.

Dibella is the queen of the Clegains, and they signify everything dark. She always believed that she could rule the entire world by wiping out the Valkyrie. Malata, one of the Valkyrie, believed that light and darkness could never coexist together, and she wanted to wipe out the Clegains. Ragnar's plan is put into motion, and Dibella puts her plan into motion too. Which person's plan will come to fruition? Will they both fail? Or will Malata's wish come to pass?

One thing I love about this book is the descriptions. Shahaf really has great descriptive skills because the descriptions were detailed. He described everything in the story, from the characters down to the objects. This is a paranormal fiction book, so the description allowed me to have colourful imaginations of the events that unfolded in the story. I love how the author developed his characters. It allowed me to understand them to an extent. The suspense in this book is intriguing. I couldn’t even imagine what would happen next. This is the beauty of any good fiction book out there. The storyline was also beautiful. I never expected the ending the book had. I admired Ragnar because he believed that light and darkness could work and coexist together even after his father told him they could not. He mapped out a plan and desired it to come to fruition. I love that the book was written in simple English terms. I learned a very beautiful lesson from this book, and it was about sacrifices. The story took a different turn when Malata made an important sacrifice. It allowed me to understand a lot of things.

There was nothing I disliked about this book. It was well-written, and I enjoyed reading it. I found only a few errors in it. This leads me to conclude that this book was professionally edited.

I rate Light and Darkness 5 out of 5 stars. I didn’t deduct any stars because there was no reason to do so. The story was short and interesting. I recommend this book to lovers of paranormal fiction. Generally, lovers of fiction would find it interesting.

Light and Darkness
View: on Bookshelves
tienlen152
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tienlen152.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by tienlen152 »

I have a positive experience reading "Light and Darkness" by Shahaf Yefet. I enjoyed the descriptive writing, character development, and storyline, and found the book professionally edited with a meaningful message about sacrifices.
Alanis Ramos
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Alanis Ramos »

It has a deep meaning about letting go of things in life and sacrificing those things you love
Mitzie Bajo
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by Mitzie Bajo »

Just like the reviewer memtioned the writer gives a very detailed interesting description of the characters. And I do believe that because even the reviewer gave an interesting and very imaginative description of the plot story. And I do like this kind of genre, and this sure be in the shelves.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I see some inspiration to Norse mithology in this novel and it seems like there's some epic story with the war between the darkness and light and the element of sacrifice. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
JkReviewer17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najibullah-qanit.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by JkReviewer17 »

I always wanted to read books that have rivalries, and reading your review, i want to read this book. Nice Review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”