Review of A Gigantic Leap

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of A Gigantic Leap

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Gigantic Leap" by David Brown.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Planet Earth has unconsciously broadcast its abrasive DNA to the galaxy, which is a big threat to the Galactic Federation (GFED). Morok, the Yxrian chairman, has called for a meeting between their kind and two professors of respective careers to convince the council that Earth is capable of rescinding the nature of war as a resolution scheme and enhancing peace amongst themselves. Myssa remains adamant that Earth is not worth saving and should be exterminated so as not to corrupt the other planets of the galaxy. When Stephen Hopkins finally finds a way to prevent the Earth from absolute damnation, the world seems to be against him, which tarnishes the struggle he has secured in promoting peace among nations. Is the planet Earth fated for annihilation, or is there still hope for a seemingly unchanging planet? Read this book to find out.

I found the book A Gigantic Leap by David Brown very exhilarating; I was saturated with plunges of emotions to know the outcome of the fate of planet Earth after so much resilience to maintain their rash nature to the detriment of other generations, regardless of the scorn Stephen received from top officials because he advocated for peace amongst nations and persisted in ridding the society of violence. I felt Gerard's devastation whenever he was unable to partake in certain activities as a result of his disability. The shooting of a ten-year-old boy and the killing of an innocent shaman show the lengths to which people would go just to actualize their selfish desires through violence and how much violence has settled its roots comfortably in society. Violence has become the only thing people will resort to when every other means of coming to terms with or reaching an agreement with a second party has proven futile.

What I loved about the book was Morok's willingness to give Earth a chance at rehabilitation. Unlike Myssa the counselor, who despairingly approved that Earth should be left to face its retribution, Morok proposed considerable solutions by which Earth could forsake its brutality and embrace peace as an alternative.

There was nothing I disliked about the book; I enjoyed every bit of it. The book held me in high suspense, and poetic justice prevailed at the end, when I thought characters who had perpetrated the law would be allowed to go scot-free because of the affluence they exhibited in the book.

The book is professionally well edited; I found only one error in the book. The book is quite exciting, and the suspense doesn't end until the last page of the book; therefore, I'll give it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi.

A Gigantic Leap
View: on Bookshelves
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

Not resolved until that last page? Wow, that is suspenseful! I'm impressed with the storyline and how Myssa and Morok highlight the two viewpoints (save Earth or let it be destroyed).
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Prisca olu »

Almost all fiction book that involves earth's interaction with alien from an another planet some times focus on the hatred of those alien against earth. It refreshing to see an alien whom is willing to give earth a chance to be save. A great review.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I enjoy books that are filled with suspense. Why are these people so bent on trying to fulfill their selfish interests? I’ll definitely love to read this.
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

This book seems like a really great book just from reading your review I could already feel a connect but I think I'll have to read it myself to understand it.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

I admire your choice of book. This is quite too complex for me but the I feel like the book would go in details to explain. Thanks I love the concept of this book.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

The world always seem to be oblivious of the truth. I wonder if Stephen Hopkins will be able to effectively save the world. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for an interesting review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel offers some food for thought about human nature, with its merits and flaws, when seen from outside by aliens who feel threatened by humans. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
okotie esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okotie-esther.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by okotie esther »

I have not read this book. However, seeing and reading your review has spurred a desire in me to read this book. The emotional upsurge you mentioned is definitely appealing. I would also like to know the repercussions of the violators.
Nice review. I can't wait to read this book. Well-done.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”