Review of Covenvale High

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christell Lindeque
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 276
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christell-lindeque.html
Latest Review: Field Guide to Sinisters and Benevolents by Nancy L Vallette

Review of Covenvale High

Post by Christell Lindeque »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Covenvale High" by Amy Osborne.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Amy Osborne's Covenvale High is a romantic fantasy novel. Jennifer, a princess werewolf, has been betrothed to Luke, a werewolf pack alpha. After they both finish school, Luke plans to marry her. She met the vampire prince, Jace, on her first day of high school. He declared that he was destined to be with a princess werewolf and that they were meant to be together to bring all vampires and werewolves together, despite the fact that vampires were generally despised by the werewolves. Will Jace be able to win Jennifer over? Will Luke prevent him from stealing his bride? Find out by reading this book.

The straightforward language and brief, engaging paragraphs indicate that this book is aimed at readers aged 12 and up. When it comes to declaring one's love, the plot of this book is straightforward and direct. The author ensured the fantasy elements of the story made sense. The author also made the characters lack any awareness of impending danger or the gravity of their actions. In addition, the antagonists did not put up much of a fight, instead choosing to passively accept their fate. In the book, bad guys use kisses as part of the girls' punishment.

It seemed illogical when Jennifer suddenly felt compelled to go to the beach and left the cabin. Because of the book's simplicity and the reader's perception of its protagonist's purity of heart, the reader may wonder why she did it despite knowing the risks. This is the main reason why I believe the book is intended solely for teen audiences rather than adults. The girls' punishment implemented by the bad guys did not sit well with me, but it added an interesting twist to the story.

I enjoyed the parts where they were competing for her attention. I enjoyed the story even though it followed a predictable formula. I also liked how one of the male interests went to great lengths to prevent Jennifer from marrying the other male against her will and how everything else in the book went according to plan. Because it is aimed at readers aged 12 and up, I appreciated that the book maintained a certain degree of innocence. The book's plot twists were enjoyable and surprising.

The plot was interesting, and there were a few unexpected turns, so I gave the book 4 stars out of 5. This is a clean and straightforward read, perfect for teenagers. I believe this book has not been professionally edited because I found more than ten mistakes. The end was satisfying to me, and I'm eager to read the next installment.

This book would be a great fit for teenagers because of its pure and honest characters. I think it is too simplistic for adults unless that is precisely what the reader is looking for.

Covenvale High
View: on Bookshelves
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

"Will Jace be able to win Jennifer over?" "Will Luke prevent him from stealing his bride?" I am interested to know the answer to this question, so i will add the book to my bookshelf ASAP.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”