Review of Pillars

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Pillars

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pillars" by Claire Theriot Mestepey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

If you'd want to read a good story about magical beings, like witches, demons, dragons, etc., check out Claire Theriot Mestepey's Pillars. It depicts the story of a disabled infant, Madeline. Peter and his wife, Linda, adopted Madeline and treated her with so much love. She grew up to be a lovely, strong lady. Madeline moved from her home to another town after she graduated. She got a paid internship offer at an art gallery and a new apartment. She had her two best friends visit and spend time with her as they explored the town together. Madeline didn't only enjoy exploring the new town; she also found love, new friends, and magic. She discovered she possessed unique abilities and had a great destiny to fulfill. With her disability, how would she fulfill this great destiny?

This narrative is at the top of the stories with magical beings and magic. The book can keep readers glued to its pages from start to finish. The characters are interesting. The book contains magic and a beautiful love story. I already plan to reread it after submitting my review. This time, I'll only focus on enjoying the story and not taking any notes (it's usually distracting but necessary).

I felt some emotional attachment to some of the characters in the book. For instance, the deaths of some characters left me feeling heartbroken. That was how emotionally invested I was in the characters. It could only have been possible because the author created characters with whom readers could easily connect.

The author took the time to describe every character, from humans to magical creatures, providing readers with a clear mental image of each one. The characters' development was fascinating, especially that of Madeline and Danny. They knew almost little about the magical world or its community from the outset. Still, they had to grow to become significant players. The book was about love, trust, commitment, and loyalty, which were displayed by most of the characters.

Although Pillars has 489 Kindle pages, you'll be surprised how quickly you can read this book. The plot is exciting, and the fonts are bold and clear. The book is professionally edited, even though there are a few minor misspellings. This novel has everything that will appeal to a reader interested in mystery, romance, and adventures. There is absolutely nothing not to love about this book.

The author did an excellent job of narrating the story and giving the audience something to appreciate for a long time. Therefore, I'd give Pillars a rating of 5 out of 5, as there were no negative aspects. I'd look forward to reading more intriguing stories from the author.

Pillars
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

Although i don't like reading magical and diabolical books, but your good work in this review has compelled me to add it to my shelf
Oluchi23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi23.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Oluchi23 »

Thank you so much for making me develops interest in reading magical books. I must add this book to my shelf in other to read it as soon as possible.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”