Review of Planet Myopia

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Planet Myopia

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Planet Myopia" by Michael Hayden (Pseudonym).]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The current world has become highly influenced by technology, and artificial intelligence has been showing signs of a threat to take over the human race and commit humans to inferior rivalry. Humans created artificial intelligence to aid certain developments and ignorantly gave these devices a mind of their own that has chosen violence as a means to resolve differences. The planet has ignorantly ignored the signs of destruction and merely attributed them to climate change, while extraterrestrial beings have materialized themselves into Chris and Anna's subconsciousness, one bamboozling its host and the other being candid and seeking the betterment of Earth's future. Warheads have been deployed to various countries, and they are on the verge of exterminating one another. Activists canvassing for democracy and world peace have been permanently silenced in the name of treason, but the struggle between some extraterrestrial beings who are suspected to inhabit the Earth is regardless seeking to dominate the earth by all means possible. Chris and a few other Americans who have realized their senses have united to act upon the invasion, despite the risks that are involved. Will they eventually succeed and eradicate this incursion? Read this book to find out.

The book Planet Myopia by Michael Hayden (Pseudonym) describes the search by a few rational Americans for the quench of ignorance that has blossomed and has dominated every known basis of human existence. They have unknowingly been maneuvered by their creations, and another world war is lurking around the corner. Nations have arisen against themselves, and one seeks to conquer the other by acquiring the deadliest weapons, disarming the other, and destroying themselves in the pursuit of gaining world sovereignty. I found some parts of the book disturbing, especially where the natural lives of certain scientists were extended by their padrones and technology credits to satisfy their ignorance and selfishness. The people in authority had grown thirsty for more power, and this put their subjects in dire situations. I felt a wave of annoyance toward some elite scientists who are in positions to provide solutions to some human problems with their scientific discoveries and innovation of top-notch technology but have used their discoveries to their advantage, experimenting with the degree to which they can cause more harm and destruction when the world already is in utter chaos. The survival of the fittest is still in motion as Planet Earth has become utterly unsafe and a battleground for the survival of its inhabitants.

The book gives an insight into how advanced the world may look in decades to come and the level at which world-known organizations would massively engage in a search for knowledge to alleviate enlightenment. The part of the book I love the most is that regardless of age, a person is entitled to express their emotions, and being subject to bullying can be detrimental if you don't stand up for your rights. The main character in the book has been subdued by numerous ventures of bullying; he has lost the things most precious to him and is aware of the fact that if he continues to be subject to his tyrannizers, he might lose another who is dear to him.

The book's conclusion about President Powers bothered me, even though he had ruined families and taken people's lives through dishonesty. The numerous inaccuracies I discovered in the text are another flaw in the book. Apart from that, I thought the book was completely satisfying. My heart swelled when I found out what happened to Anna, despite the horrible treatment she got as a result of the unjust judgment, and I also enjoyed how the book finished with her and Chris. This made me happy and made the book worthwhile to read in every way.

The book was not professionally edited. I will rate this engrossing tale 4 out of 5 stars because of the aforementioned flaws. I recommend this book to science fiction fans.

Planet Myopia
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

We cannot overemphasise on the need and direction technology brings to our present world. Its massive. This book shoes us ways this diversity helps us.
Ebube Gabriel
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ebube Gabriel »

Its creative, the fictions are massive and unexplained, making it look blure to see the reality of the fictions in relationships with predictions and imagination, which should encourage deep research and creativity
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

We actually need technology in our world, seeing as they have in one way or the other made our lives better, but there should also be moderations. Nice review!
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Although the story seems fictional the narrative behind it is true. The planet is seriously suffering and gradually dying. I just hope the world doesn't come to the situations described in the book. Well done.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

AI is a dicey topic. While some people are of the firm opinion that it's a good thing that happened to us, some are of the opinion that it may one day take advantage and destroy mankind.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

I love science fiction novels. Technology has its pros and cons, and it is evident in this book. I hope humans were able to salvage the situation. Great review.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

This book is the trend of what's going on in the world of technology. No doubt technology has been helpful but then it can also be drastically abused and be used as a threat to life.
Prisca olu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisca-olu.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Prisca olu »

The topic of robot someday taking control of humanity is a topic that is constantly discussed but in science and the fiction world. What I appreciate is the dimension this book takes in fighting the ignorance of man. A good review.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html

Post by Chee Amaka »

There is one thing I like about this book. I really love the fact that the author elucidated the dangers of artificial intelligence when it's not properly harnessed.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

Various scientific descriptions of the end of the Universe foretold that the human creation of artificial intelligence would eventually bring about our demise. This would be an interesting novel to read and explore the author's narrative of humans and artificial intelligence qualms in Planet Myopia.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html

Post by Uche Active »

This sounds like a book that raises critical questions that are thought-provoking. I wonder how politics is connected with the environment and space. Amazing review.
Ayilaran Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayilaran-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Ayilaran Emmanuel »

Since technology came into existence to help man sort out big issues, should AI be another problem technology will bring into our world?

Not that they are not useful but there should be some sort of pase and play button to stop the side effect of AI.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I still try to understand how someone would sit down and imagine things like this, then putting it into a book. It becomes somewhat like a horror movie of machines actually begin to fight humans.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

We all have that fear that this AI tingy is going to bite us in the back. That's why we have to do as much as possible to make sure we don't end up in that situation.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”