Review of The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abdul-Malik Hassan
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Linnea Tanner
Currently Reading: How to jumpstart your faith in 21 days!
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-malik-hassan.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 79732

Review of The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse

Post by Abdul-Malik Hassan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse" by Tim Ferguson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Astrophysics is a rare discipline that only a few get to venture into and understand the whole concept behind it. Nayla is an ambitious astrophysicist who just completed her Ph.D. studies and is excited to venture into the world of exploring the cosmos to search for intriguing evidence of extraterrestrial life. The plot revolves around the question, "Are we alone in the universe?" The story is somewhat futuristic in its appeal, navigating a multi-dimensional reality in which one individual tries to find answers to the questions at hand.

The Underground Faith of God’s Multiverse by Tom Ferguson is a Christian sci-fi drama, the third in a three-part Christian sci-fi series of novels. The opening chapter, "A Star is Born: August 2047–November 2047" talks about a boy named Kudo who has this fascination with the constellation of a great man appearing in the middle of the night sky. Some biblical references are noted to relate to the concept of the storyline. I find this exceptionally appealing as it complements the book’s title without diverting from the subject at hand.

The only thing I do not like about the book is the cover. Otherwise, the title and everything else are exceptional. I find that the message resonates. The character development fits in perfectly with the storyline. I did not find this book complicated as the author managed to put everything into context. To be honest, this is my first time reading a Christian sci-fi novel. I can say it’s one of the most profound experiences I’ve been engaged with. I credit the author for coming up with such a unique concept.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I’m deducting a star because of its cover. It needs to be more elaborate about the message it is trying to convey. Nevertheless, this book was professionally edited from a clear standpoint. It contained no errors. The title is also passion-driven. It fits into the context and tells the reader what to expect. Apart from that, I also like its engagement with the characters. Their role suits them accordingly.

Despite being a Christian book, it is best suited for a mature audience. There are some biblical references, of course, but I feel like this book is not limited to a particular religious audience. Though for complicated reasons, I'd highly recommend it to a Christian audience. Anyone might find joy in reading the book as it approaches matters from a different perspective. Unlike other Christian books, this one has a sci-fi element added to it. So the storyline was quite diverse and applicable.

The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”