Review of Grave Secrets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Review of Grave Secrets

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Grave Secrets" by Cassandra Aston.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Allie Graves died at seventeen. After her death, she became one of the "reashes." Now a twenty-two-year-old, it had been six years since angels recruited her to fight and dispatch demons from the earthly plane. Her life so far had been centered around her supernatural work. Even though she occasionally longed for a normal life, she was good at the job. Her life took a turn when she was visited by a being that was neither human, angel, nor demon. Questions were aroused, and her search for answers led back to a past she knew nothing about — one centered around an ancestral mansion. Allie's probe into her family's past revealed bloody, scary, and life-threatening secrets. Allie realized she couldn't trust anyone; even the motive of her angel handler, Gabriel, seemed not to be in her favor. However, she must work against all odds to uncover the truth.

Grave Secrets by Cassandra Aston was an exciting story that followed the adventure of a young woman, Allie Graves. Her journey was scintillating and engrossing, and there were no dull moments. The author's storytelling was riveting; she brought the story to life with the imagery she created with her words. Despite the complex nature of the plot, following the story was easy because of the author's simple and easy-to-understand language.

There were many suspenseful and intriguing moments in this book. Cassandra commenced the story from the beginning pages with a scene that captured my interest. Commendably, the author did not break pace; she delivered the suspense throughout the book until the end. Readers should prepare to be surprised many times throughout the story.

Characterwise, the story had familiar characters — demons, angels, witches — in a somewhat familiar plot. However, these characters were not touched by the cloying effects of clichés. Each of the characters fully embodied their roles naturally. No part of their expression felt forced, as the author succeeded in blending them in smoothly. One of the favorites would be Allie Graves. Her character blended in with the other characters, especially with Simon Carey, the attorney for her estate. The dialogue between the two characters was filled with exciting jabs and hilarious comments that would leave readers chuckling. It added to the book's easy reading, making the long pages feel like a quick dash.

Grave Secrets came through with a lovely romantic aspect, bringing further excitement as I followed the teasing love game between the characters. The book was entertaining, featuring magic and otherworldly figures. It was a fun read, and readers would find it hard to drop until the end.

Grave Secrets was professionally edited, as I spotted only two errors. I found nothing in this book to dislike, as the author delivered on every angle — plot, characters, intrigue, and storytelling. Grave Secrets would be best suited for lovers of fantasy and supernatural narratives. I'd rate it five out of five stars because nothing could warrant me taking away a star from the rating.

Grave Secrets
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
ESTEFANIA PROANO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estefania-proano.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by ESTEFANIA PROANO »

The book maintains a permanent suspense, includes magic, mystery and some engaging touches until the story is finished. A book that once started you can't put it down until you finish it
Shreya Mishra 3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreya-mishra-3.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Shreya Mishra 3 »

Marvelous review. The book seems very interesting after reading your review. Thanks for the great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Some classic tropes of supernatural stories were used in this novel to create a plot with secrets, discoveries, and probably twists. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

Wow! I wouldefinately love to read this one. I appreciate a simple read, one with a well established structure, simple but not mundane language, and this one just seems like a perfect fit. I would love to delve into the life of Allie Graves and accompany her in her action-packed journey. Wonderful review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”