Review of Deja Vu

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Review of Deja Vu

Post by Not available anymore »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Deja Vu" by Andrew Osguthorpe.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Deja Vu by Andrew Osguthorpe has 411 pages and twenty chapters. It is divided into four parts as well.

What happens if you wake up one day and discover that you suddenly know what will happen in the future or have some superpower? This was the case for Danny and many other characters in this book. He woke up with the feeling that something bad might happen to him; his girlfriend Hope had the same experience; Joe, married with a wife and daughter after a day at work, also felt within himself like he had seen something the day before; and Colette has a girlfriend named Celia. Suddenly, Colette starts having the experience of seeing things, and this leads them all together. Is this a good thing or a bad sign? Read this book to find out.

I like that this book describes the Deja vu experience and events in totality, so those who haven't had the feeling can grasp it by reading it. I like how we can see the different daily lives of the characters living in the United Kingdom. United States, France, Italy, and Japan Sometimes, I wish I had the power to see the future, but this book made me realize that seeing the future might not be completely good. It has a bad effect when you foresee a bad occurrence but can't do anything to stop it, as it happened to Joe, or when you try to change it. I applaud the author for writing a book on this phenomenon, as it is rare to come across it in books, and we can also see what goes on between partners in this book. My enjoyment peaked in the third part of the book when the narration changed and suddenly they were on a mission.

There are a few things I didn't like about this book. First, there needed to be a proper introduction of the characters in the first two parts, and it felt hard to catch up with the different narrations. At first, a subtopic like Colette's and Joe's points of view would have been more helpful; merely differentiating them by country may not be enough, though later in the book, it wasn't continued. Also, I didn't particularly appreciate the inconsistencies in the chapter titles. However, the book is professionally edited, and I found a few errors while reading it. Therefore, I rate it four out of five stars.

I recommend it to readers who like fiction, readers who have never experienced Deja vu and want to know what it feels like, readers who want to know more about the experience, as well as readers who like mysteries and readers who like books where the characters possess superpowers.

Deja Vu
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I agree that everything about it wouldn’t be good. Parts of this sound confusing, so it’s probably not for me.
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

Deja Vu, great review. Plenty of characters make plenty of dimensions to look at a situation, so I think it will be a fresh reading experience.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Francis Kapola »

I believe this is a fast-paced novel judging from the way events occur. Will need a lot of attention.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

A classic theme of speculative fiction is developed in a way that seems interesting. In this type of story, I'm always curious to see the consequences on the people who can see the future. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Desola Orimoloye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dessyyyy.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by Desola Orimoloye »

Thank you for sharing your review.
While the book cover may seem plain and simple at first glance, it's important to remember that sometimes, less is more. Additionally, the real hook of the book is the intriguing storyline you've described. The concept of waking up one day with the ability to see into the future or possess a superpower is undeniably captivating.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”