Review of Wolf Harvest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chimomaebuka Ejimchi
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimomaebuka-ejimchi.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Earea by E.J. Denman

Review of Wolf Harvest

Post by Chimomaebuka Ejimchi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wolf Harvest" by J.S. Michael.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Wolf Harvest by J.S. Michael is a beautiful and wonderfully written book that talks about the lives of animals and how they navigate through life. J.S. Michael shows us the balance between humans, domestic animals, and wild animals. He opens his readers’ minds to the struggles animals have to face every day and the survival skills they have to adapt to living among humans and fellow predators.

In this book, we see the life of Coda, a coywolf who has had a rough life. He is thrust into the path of his harvest after his love is taken away from him. With the help of friends and family who put their lives on the line for him, he goes into unknown lands faced with different challenges and has only his instinct to trust. As you read and go on the journey with Coda, you are faced with so many emotions and filled with uncertainty about whether Coda will fulfill his harvest despite the temptations and challenges he is faced with. Love, hate, honour, loyalty, and many more are what are displayed in this book. We see the roles humans play in creating a safe home for these four-legged creatures and how they sometimes don't. We are also shown how we are not so different from these creatures.

I loved so many things about this book. I loved how the writer portrayed these animals, showing us that these creatures also have feelings and emotions. I loved how the writer educated his readers on the species of wolves and coyotes. It was really enlightening. I also loved how the author did justice in communicating the feelings of these animals to his readers. Reading this book has made me understand animals to a certain point. Again, I really appreciated how the author portrayed loyalty, honor, and friendship among the animals. These are traits that need to be emulated by humans greatly. I very much appreciated how the author kept the chapters of the book short; this ensured that the book did not get boring. Also, I loved how he subtly compared and contrasted the ways of life of humans and animals, showing his readers the similitude between the two. Last but not least, I loved the author’s wit displayed subtly in the book, as it brought a little sense of humor and relief in the midst of the emotional happenings in the book.

The only aspect of the book which I disliked was the presence of errors in the book. The book was not professionally edited. I rate this book four out of five stars because it was an impeccable read which I would have given a higher rating save for the presence of errors in the book. I did not rate it lower, as there was a lot to love about the book.

I recommend this book to animal lovers, lovers of adventure, and explorers, as they will surely enjoy this book.

Wolf Harvest
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Janine rossi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Janine rossi »

I am just new to this I will read the book as I am a animal lover myself
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

You could say that this is a fantasy novel considering that animals are "humanized". That makes for a fascinating story telling animal adventures in an unconventional way. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Gideon Lereka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gideon Lereka »

You could say that this is a fantasy novel considering that animals are "humanized ".That makes for a fascinating story telling animal adventures in an unconventional way.Thank you for your great review.
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

I think it is necessary we as humans understand how animals view us and the world. With the continuing diminishing of resources for animal habitat, maybe they could help us help them not go extinct. Fantastic review.
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

I can affirm that Coda is fortunate to have loved ones who help him get through difficult times.
Francis Kapola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-kapola.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Francis Kapola »

Baba Thoust wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 04:43 I think it is necessary we as humans understand how animals view us and the world. With the continuing diminishing of resources for animal habitat, maybe they could help us help them not go extinct. Fantastic review.
I concur with you, my friend. Reading this book will encourage readers to get involved in endangered species conservation.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”