Review of The W.A.N.D. Epic - Book One: The Foretelling

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of The W.A.N.D. Epic - Book One: The Foretelling

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The W.A.N.D. Epic - Book One: The Foretelling" by J. Martin Turner.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The fate of the Wretchids and wizards hangs on the destiny of a naive teenage girl with extraordinary abilities. Emerlyn Foster, raised and groomed by Aunt Abigail in an isolated cabin, would either partner with the wizards to fulfill the foretelling or join hands with the Hexid and her Wretchids to make life unbearable for the commoners. Find out her decision and how it all turned out in this captivating novel by Jeff Martin Turner titled The W.A.N.D. Epic - Book One: The Foretelling

One of the themes of this book gives voice to the saying that a man's enemies are those within his household. Most enemies put on the regalia of a sweet friend with smiles and feigned comeliness, like wolves in sheep's clothing. Stealthily they creep into homes and live to wreak havoc. This was the case with the two black cats, Sophie and Rex, who innocently crept into Aunt Abby's home. Get this book and find out if these cats were truly cats and how they ended up.

The plot development and characters in the story are worthy of note. Also, the suspense, dramatic irony, and other figurative expressions were in the right places and proportions, including the mental imagery the work of fiction evokes. These will captivate the reader and enable them to relish the beauty of the story. It did feel like I was reading about another Harry Potter.

I have faith in a particular character named Oliver. Although not much is said about this character, I know that his inquisitive nature and eagerness to learn might never bridge the gap between the realms of witches/wizards and commoners. His encounter with the "Knowledge Tree" poked a hole in his die-hard scientific view of the world and everything in it. Do you think he might make a good wizard in the next season of this book? This is what I kept thinking throughout my reading of the tale.

I wouldn't say I liked the organization of the content. The story needed an organized table of contents. The lack of this made it hard to refer to previous chapters when needed immediately. Notwithstanding, I'm convinced the book was well-edited, despite some errors I encountered. I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars due to the negative issue I mentioned above. This book is worth the read, and I would recommend this book to lovers of science fiction. Have a good read.

The W.A.N.D. Epic - Book One: The Foretelling
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Blackstenius
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

I have a feeling Sophie and Rex were not normal days but rather some shape-shifting humans. And it's true, the one that bites you must be of close proximity to you, not those afar. I'd love to find out which side Emerlyn Forster chose, did she side with good or evil? Your review is brilliant, it's interesting and makes one develop an interest in reading the book
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Some classic tropes are used to create a story that seems engaging and intriguing for the enemy's deceptions. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”