Review of Eyes of the Universe (The Traveler Book 1)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Donald Kelvin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-chinwe.html
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd

Review of Eyes of the Universe (The Traveler Book 1)

Post by Donald Kelvin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eyes of the Universe (The Traveler Book 1)" by Lauren Danforth.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Are you a fan of sci-fi, mystery, and adventure books? Eyes of the Universe (The Traveler Book 1) by Lauren Danforth is a sure bet for you. The story begins in 2040 when a science teacher and his students discover something extraordinary during a field trip. Karen was the first to see it—a distortion of sorts on the telescope around the Orion Nebula. The others confirmed it, and they wondered what it could mean.

Mr. Williams takes it upon himself to report to a friend at the Palomar Observatory. After they confirm the bubble-like distortion, they send the result of their findings to Huble Control, from where the information reaches the president. They immediately planned to keep a lid on the incident while looking for more evidence. In doing so, they abduct the initial discoverers and hold them against their will to prevent the leaking of this information. However, nothing can be hidden forever. As the date of the collision drew near, the whole world wondered: Was it an alien invasion? Or the Mayan end of the world? Or the second coming of Christ? I suggest you pick up this book to join in on this adventure and find out precisely what it was and its unexpected impact.

Eyes of the Universe (The Traveler Book 1) by Lauren Danforth was a book I enjoyed reading. Although centered on alien invasion and its effects, the author's style was unexpected and uniquely presented. The book has 22 action-packed chapters, and as a fan of sci-fi, I found the discussion interesting and engaging. My favorite character was easily Bobby; the sharpness of his mind was definitely out of this world, and I liked the fact that he had an idea of everything; it was pretty impressive to read about. Life on the Traveler was something that caught my fancy too; reading about the alien ways was fascinating. The language was simple, and I believe the audience would have no issues with comprehension.

My major dislike for this book was the influx of characters towards the end; it only confused me further as I tried to keep up with the events in the story. The story was rushed towards the end compared to its slow start. Another dislike I garnered was the little stop and time jump within some chapters; they sometimes appeared confusing. However, this can easily be overlooked.

While reading this book, I encountered two minor errors, which led me to believe that this book was professionally edited. Due to the dislike I mentioned in the fourth paragraph; I'd deduct a star and rate this book 4 out of 5. This book would easily fit audiences interested in sci-fi, adventure, mystery, and action. Readers who love books on space and aliens would also enjoy this.

Eyes of the Universe (The Traveler Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd
bookwormSA96
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bookwormSA96 »

This is a ideal book if you are looking into how history of the telescope has shaped itself into todays modern telescopic instruments, including the Hubble. I really enjoyed the overview of the way people have studied astrology over the years. If you are not a fan of historical books or astrology - I wouldn't recommend this for you. :geek2:
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Though I am not into science talking about space and aliens, I appreciate your awesome review about it. I think I will enjoy reading this book (when I have a chance) when the characters have more in-depth, and when it is not confusing anymore.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Favour Chiedozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-chiedozie.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Favour Chiedozie »

From this review, Bobby was said to be versatile, when it comes to having ideas of things, which is very interesting. The invasion of the aliens, also made the book more interesting.
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

Wow...As a fan of science fiction, I enjoy books like this. I look forward to learning more about this distortion around the Orion Nebula. Beautiful review.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

Science fiction stories set in the future is thrilling to read. The author's creativity makes the tale more believable and enjoyable. Well done for this review,
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite the flaws you pointed out, the premises of this series seem intriguing and I hope the developments in the sequel make all those characters useful. I'll look into this series!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Baba Thoust
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-baba-thoust.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven! by Jemima Paul and Arvind Paul

Post by Baba Thoust »

Fantastic review. How did it all end? The book sounds captivating. Being a fan of sci-fi, this definately sounds like a book to read for me because you also mentioned its simplicity in text. Sorry for the issues you encountered, but the story sound worth overlooking them.
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

This is a good review that those interested in science fiction would enjoy. The story is really worth looking at.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”