Review of The draycox awakens

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 327
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: One Foot Out of the Box by Vanessa Kristovich

Review of The draycox awakens

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The draycox awakens" by Jonathan minott.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bullying is such an awful thing to do to people. Its consequences can also be huge. Michael was a teenage boy who moved between foster homes. He had no friends and felt like an outsider. To make things worse, kids at school bullied him all the time. They made fun of him and hurt him in many ways. He occasionally begged for mercy, but they wouldn't stop. He kept thinking to himself about what he would do to the bullies if he could have enough control. Suddenly, everything changed. He wasn't a victim anymore. You need to grab The Draycox Awakens by Jonathan Minott to learn how that happened and what he did when roles changed.

The book was really nice. The illustrations are colorful and expressive. I've read a couple of comic books before, but I liked this one the most. It is interesting and has a good storyline. I secretly agreed with the story while telling myself that what was happening was wrong. I didn't agree with the amount of violence, but I still enjoyed the story. I don't know if this makes much sense, but this is how I feel.

Other than that, I can't think of anything to dislike about the book. It can deliver a good warning to bullies that they won't always be on the strong side. It also shows what bullying can do to people. The book's editing was exceptional. It's all written in capital letters, and some words aren't typically spelled, but it's a matter of style. Nothing felt out of place. So, considering all of the above, I rate this book five out of five stars.

The book doesn't have the full story; it's to be continued in later sequels. I recommend the book to people who love graphic novels and superhero themes. I don't believe the book suits younger people because of the amount of violence it contains.

The draycox awakens
View: on Bookshelves
Chris Agbara
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Philosophy from the Mud by Erik Quisling

Post by Chris Agbara »

bullying can have significant negative effects on a person's well-being and therefore, we need to emphasizes the need to address this issue. I'm glad this book pointing towards that indirectly.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Comics/graphic novels aren't really something that I can get into. I like my novels novel-ly. This does seem to teach some great lessons, both for bullet and for their victims..
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: To Turn a Million by Keith L. Robinson

Post by Rob Carr »

Cool to hear the book is addressing bullying issues. Problems with bullying just seem to be getting worse over time. I get how you feel reading it, it can be a confusing thing sometimes.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Lightning Child by Quinn Lamothe
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 1%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Bullies; the most useless people in earth. They're the weakest of humanity. If you need someone else to opress just so you feel relevant than you of all men are most miserable.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Bullying has a psychological impact on the victims, therefore, this issue must stop. Gladly, Michael is not a victim at all of the bullyings, that was his life before. Your review is wonderful!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
reviewerbook17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewerbook17.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by reviewerbook17 »

This is a wonderful book that addresses a lot of issues people face today.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Some classic science fiction comic tropes are used in this graphic novel that addresses in particular the issue of bullying. I'll look into this series of graphic novels. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Fabbie Woods
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabbie-woods.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fabbie Woods »

I love how detailed you review is. Great review.
Words seduce and pages ignite passion. Let's get lost in the tantalizing world of literature together.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”