Review of Pathic

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Review of Pathic

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pathic" by Larry Jordan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Pathic by Larry Jordan delved into the multifaceted lives of various groups residing in a mythical realm, including the IDivens, Creeks, Pathics, Taus, and others. The narrative commenced with the tale of Eidolon, the ghost, a skilled thief with pathic abilities. He had forsaken his son, Why Grinn, for his own protection. Why Grinn, following in his father's footsteps, embarked on a career as a hijacker after his mother’s abduction by Jarod, and he set out to steal the items demanded by the kidnapper to secure her release. His path intersected with that of Reef and Ash, who were probing the spate of thefts and hijackings. Together, they embarked on a daring rescue mission and confronted the Taus’ leader, which led to Ash's untimely demise. The Taus and Creeks presented additional obstacles along the way, making for a gripping first half of the story.

The second part followed the city of Wada Brada being raided by the notorious Ben Hex and his men, who captured several individuals, particularly women, and forced them into slavery. Despite young Race's attempt to escape with his psychic abilities, he and his family were captured, leading to a mission spearheaded by Oded, a Sol Mean military undercover, and Forbes, aimed at obtaining information about the raiders and locating Race's missing family members. Read the latter parts of this book to enjoy more beautiful and intense stories.

The author's eloquent and lyrical style of narration captivated me from the book's opening pages. The intriguing storyline kept me engrossed, particularly the first part that delved into the protagonist's familial legacy. As a fan of supernatural themes, the pathic powers that featured prominently in the latter half of the book, which included a form of telepathy, kept me thoroughly engaged. I found just two errors in the book, so I believe it was professionally edited. Without an iota of doubt, Pathic by Lary Jordan is one of the most riveting fantasy stories I have read in a while. Each part had a remarkable storyline that kept my attention from start to finish.

The narrative's direction appeared unclear, with diverse antagonists appearing throughout, creating a captivating read. However, while I recognized the overarching theme, it seemed as though each part was a different book. The pieces only connected towards the conclusion of the story. Additionally, certain chapters were prolonged and felt overextended.

I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars for its riveting storyline and supernatural theme, which kept me intrigued. I must add that the epilogue made me quite emotional. The negative points I noted aren't enough to make me remove a star from this book.

I recommend Pathic by Lary Jordan to anyone who loves science fiction and fantasy stories. Larry did an excellent job in making this novel come to life by filling it with action, intrigue, and science fiction elements such as hyper clouds, battleships, and pathics.

Pathic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a fascinating novel that blends science fiction and fantasy element to create an engaging story with great characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”