Review of Sara's Fear

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Review of Sara's Fear

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sara's Fear" by K C Roy.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Elementals have always been there. They could control the flow of life's energies, called essence. They have always been worshipped, until the tides changed and greed took over. They took all the power for themselves and used other elementals for their illegal businesses. Sara was the baby of two of the strongest and rarest elementals, and though it wasn't definite that she would receive power from her parents, the council wasn't going to take a chance and let them go. Sara's parents decided to disappear and raise her as a normal child. They decided they would assess the situation should her powers manifest; otherwise, they would continue as is.

Sara has an amazing friend and protector at school who made sure she wasn't bullied. But as with any high school, Sara struggled with a few things. Add in personal uncertainties, terrifying nightmares, and unexpected attacks on her, and it just blew the world she knew out of its orbit. Would Sara's power manifest? Would her parents open up about her heritage? How is she going to handle everything, and why is she being attacked? If you love magic, mysteries, and fighting, you are going to enjoy this book. I know I did!

If you are sensitive to blood and gore, this book is most definitely not for you. But if you absolutely love an epic magic story with excellent descriptions, fully developed characters, and a hint of romance, this book is for you! I loved everything about this book, and the author did an awesome job with his writing skills. I was never unsure about anything, as the descriptive aspects of the book left nothing to be unclear about. I was completely engulfed in this book from the start. I could connect with this sixteen-year-old girl struggling socially in school, and I could feel her emotions when her world imploded on her. This book was absolutely phenomenal, and I want more!

I would rate Sara's Fear by K. C. Roy 4 out of 5 stars. The only reason I am not giving this book a perfect score is due to the multiple errors I found. The errors showed me that this book still needs proofreading and editing. There was nothing else I disliked about it. This is only the first book in the Elemental series, and I am looking forward to reading the next book. I am fully invested in finding out what happens next.

This book starts off in the young adult genre, but you realize very quickly that it is more suited to the magical fantasy genre. This book felt very realistic while I was reading it, which also helped me connect with it and the characters from the get-go. I applaud you, K. C. Roy, for your absolutely fabulous and breath-taking book! I did say I wanted more, right?

Sara's Fear
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NKUBA MUGISHA
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NKUBA MUGISHA »

the book was quit interesting but there are some unreal thing and it was real short like if the story was more taller and more real things.thanks
NKUBA MUGISHA
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NKUBA MUGISHA »

:cry: :evil: the summary .........Elementals have always been worshipped, but greed took over and they took all the power for themselves. Sara was the baby of two of the strongest and rarest elementals, and her parents decided to disappear and raise her as a normal child. Sara struggles with personal uncertainties, terrifying nightmares, and unexpected attacks. This book is for those who love magic, mysteries, and fighting, but not for those sensitive to blood and gore. Sara's Fear by K.

C. Roy is an epic magic story with excellent descriptions, fully developed characters, and a hint of romance. It is the first book in the Elemental series, and the author has done an excellent job with her writing skills. The only reason for not giving it a perfect score is due to multiple errors and the lack of proofreading and editing. The book is realistic and suited to the magical fantasy genre, and the author is looking forward to the next book.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

As a lover of mysteries, I look forward to reading this book. This is a well-written review, well done.
RADifer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-radifer.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by RADifer »

Greatly appreciate the heads-up on the blood and gore content! I love finding new fantasy books, and this definitely sounds like it'll be a contender for my next purchase. The review is nicely done, as I feel very prepared to dive in head first.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm glad this novel is suitable for older readers as well because the fantasy storyline seems engaging and I have no problems with blood and gore. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

Prodigy5 wrote: 30 Apr 2023, 11:05 As a lover of mysteries, I look forward to reading this book. This is a well-written review, well done.
Thank you so much!
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

NetMassimo wrote: 05 May 2023, 14:10 I'm glad this novel is suitable for older readers as well because the fantasy storyline seems engaging and I have no problems with blood and gore. Thank you for your great review!
Thank you so much!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”