Review of Richard

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Review of Richard

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Richard" by Michael W Hickman.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Michael W Hickman's novel Richard: The Dragon's Curse is about a young king named Richard, who was fifteen when he discovered he was king of Krel and a descendant of Aethelwulf. Long ago, the dragon ruled over and enslaved them, and his great-grandfather was dissatisfied and sought a way to end this. He eventually found a way to steal the dragon's heart, which was reshaped into a ring with the help of Olaf and with the help of some other helpers who handed over the scepter. He was able to defeat the dragons and banish them, but they would have the opportunity to return every thousand years. Richard, the great-grandson of Aethelwulf, King of Krel, was assigned this task: he must climb Mount Ascension, learn about the past, and save the Milky Way from the impending nemesis. Will a fifteen-year-old be able to save his people? Find out in this intriguing book.  

I was completely engrossed as I read this book; it was well-detailed. I admire Richard for taking charge of his kingdom despite being a young man. He could make decisions and stick to them. He was a man of his word. This book was captivating in every way. I found it very interesting and suspenseful as I read through every line. It kept me guessing as to what would happen next. Richard and Amber's romance was incredible. Despite the fact that Amber was not a human like him, he respected and cared for her. This book is truly amazing.

Richard is my favorite character in this book. He is, as I previously stated, a man of his word. When some people say that some men are born kings, I believe Richard was one of them because he truly had the best interests of the people at heart. Even though he had lived on Earth for fifteen years, when he realized where he truly came from and what was expected of him, he did not falter as he did what was expected of him.

Everything from the beginning to the end was fascinating. I didn't find anything in this book objectionable. I learned a lot from it, one of which was how to be focused on achieving my goals. I applaud the author for his creative prowess. I also thank the editor for a job well done because the book is exceptionally edited and no errors were found in it. If it is possible to turn this book into a movie, it could reach a much wider audience since it is a book for all to see.

I rate this book five out of five stars because it helped me understand the roles of friendship, relationships, leadership, and others. Everyone should read this book, but young men in particular should do so because they will find it to be incredibly fascinating.

Richard
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for your fantastic review of "Richard: The Dragon's Curse" by Michael W Hickman. Your detailed synopsis of the book has me convinced that it's a must-read, and I appreciate your clear descriptions of the storyline without including any spoilers. Your admiration for the main character, Richard, is evident, and your praise for his integrity and leadership skills make me eager to see his journey through the book. Your compliments for the book's editing are also encouraging, as I always appreciate a well-written and edited book.
Rakael
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rakael »

Richard is a great king in the kingdom because he was able to win people's dreams.he wa intelligent in this case he was able to read the dragon's mind and able to take their heat which has been difficult in the kingdom ,since Even there elders were not able to things something of the sort,but Richard send him self to risk and save people's dream lives.
Kade Ingham

Post by Kade Ingham »

Good book
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Your commentary on the character development and plot twists has me even more excited to read this book. It sounds like the author did a great job of keeping you engaged throughout the story.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Your recommendation of the book to a mature audience shows that you were thoughtful about who the book would appeal to. It's great to know that the book has something for everyone, but it's not suitable for younger readers. Your review has convinced me that this book is worth reading, and I will be sure to recommend it to others who enjoy crime novels and books that explore current issues
shivu chauhan

Post by shivu chauhan »

The character in this book are amazing and also the writer of the book. It amazes me to see such amazing books are so worth reading. Recommend this to all my dear friends. Really loved the book
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

Your personal rating of the book and recommendation to others is a strong endorsement. It's clear that you found the book to be valuable and relatable, which will likely resonate with other readers.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

When I read the first part of your review, I was not at all interested in this novel. It seemed like just another fantasy story. The farther I read, however, I could feel your excitement. From what I can see, Richard is a real leader.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Your review of the book's editing is also noteworthy. It's always frustrating to read a book that's poorly edited, so it's great to hear that this one was well done.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Your review is great and thoughtful. I enjoyed reading it and the fact that you recommended it for friendships etc is also amazing. Well done.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Tari egai »

I appreciate your excellent review. I have developed a fondness for the character of Richard, who had to confront the challenging realization of being a king and having the enormous responsibility of ensuring the safety of his people. I must commend Richard for his courage."
Geofrey Kebira
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-geofrey-kebira.html
Latest Review: Let it Be by Thomas Grady

Post by Geofrey Kebira »

I love everything about your review, it makes me want to start reading the book right now. This novel sounds amazing.
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

I enjoyed reading your review of this magnificent work of fiction. It sounds so enthralling.
Richard's show of brevity and maturity denotes a great character.
Thanks for the amazing review.
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

I love Richard’s strength even though he's been young he was able to perform the task given to him. Your review is great good job

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”