Review of Zodiac's Fall

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bubae Stephen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bubae-stephen.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Zodiac's Fall

Post by Bubae Stephen »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Zodiac's Fall" by Luke DeSalvo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zodiac's Fall is the second book in the seventh season series by Luke DeSalva after Ethereal Ascendant, which tells the story and fate of the chosen seven after the great war that ended the season on the Great Dragon.

Jason Ildarachi knew his resolve was breaking, the demon Malifer would soon take complete control of his body, and his humanity would be lost forever. He barely remembered his human life as it was, so he made a pact with the infamous maker to regain his humanity and save his daughter at the expense of his home, Systralas. Suzette Monroe and Codiac Dalin, known as the twin flames, got married after the war and are both receiving visions and dreams about the scion, Sleet, who is lost and being tormented. Lulali, the demigoddess, flees for her life with the help of her mother, Aurora, and the Golden Heart Guild from the grasp of the demons. As war threatens the astral world, what will be the fate of the seventh season and the promise of a peaceful reign? Would it be the end of the twin flames? Get a copy of this book and find out.

I was intrigued by the paranormal setting and storyline of this book. The author included both sci-fi and fiction, thrillers, romance, and suspense uniquely. Ildarachi was by far my favourite character; he was a warrior and lover at heart yet full of strength and resilience. Zodiac's Fall embodies suspense and plot twists so well that I was on the edge till I finished the book. The character development is very commendable. Each character had a quest to accomplish and tried to overcome obstacles along the way.

The negative aspects of this book were the repetitive use of words until they became predictable. The word "cried" was used repetitively when words like exclaimed, stated, said, or shouted could have sufficed. As I went through the editorial aspect of the book, I found more than 10 instances of grammatical errors. This book wasn't professionally edited.

I will rate Zodiac's Fall by Luke DeSalva 4 out of 5 stars. The author's writing style was unique, and it intrigued me. The paranormal settings kept my imagination running throughout the book. However, I found grammatical errors and can't give it a perfect score.

I recommend this book to lovers of sci-fi and the paranormal. A world of magic and celestial beings can do much for your imagination. There are scenes of violence and the use of profanity, so I recommend it to readers over the age of 18.

Zodiac's Fall
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not looking for a series right now. When I am, this one will definitely be on the list for consideration.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The first book seemed to me a well-constructed example of mix between technology and magic. This sequel gives me similar impressions despit the flaws you pointed out, which just need a bit of polishing. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

As mentioned the book is second of the seventh season series. I hope I can get some time and finish the books in one go as I am too impatient to wait. The mixture of fantasy and fiction would be definitely worth a read.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”