Review of Michael's Story

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Kingsley Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of Michael's Story

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Michael's Story" by Charles Martin Cosgriff.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever imagined living in an advanced civilized community with adequate facilities, uniformed building patterns, and an explicitly labeled classification of all beings in all sectors of life and yet not being satisfied with this environment? This was the exact feeling Michael had as he was several times retrieved back to the "Unknown city'' by the red-collared beings. This city consists of various colored collars that indicate their different duties and sections, such as red, green, blue, purple, etc., as well as the superiors.

Michael's Story: Book 2 of the Infinity Series is a fictional novel that tells the story of a man called Michael, a statistician and the focal character, as he experiences a life quite different from most people in the city. As he was eyed by the superiors after being punished for the death of the squealer, Michael got back to his position as a statistician and afterward was appointed to a proposed "Capitol city," where he will be studying intensively about the effects of our environmental restructuring. In the course of the study, Michael got an order to work alongside his assistant, Dr. Green, to discover the whereabouts of a runaway Green collared in the wilderness. Deep into this search, Michael and Dr. Green came into contact with hidden information and experiences they had been shielded from all along. Read this book to find out.

The author, Charles Martin Cosgriff, made it an impossible task for the reader to take his or her eyes off this suspenseful thriller, even for a second. The plot was smooth and entrancing; this was clearly shown as the names of the characters were outlined at the beginning of the book to avoid any disarray in the storyline. I was personally inspired by some touching scenes in the book, which made me understand that honor and dignity are valuable attributes a leader must acquire. An instance of this was when Nathaniel stood unshaken against the destruction of the village until he was crushed by the bulldozers.
I love the organized and purposeful lifestyle of each character, especially in the civilized community.

Notwithstanding, I must confess that I was dissatisfied by the closing events of the book, as they didn't actually meet up to the expected expectations. I detected ten errors, which implies that the book was inadequately edited. Due to the above-mentioned reasons, I am rating this book 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to readers who love suspense and fiction. And also those who are interested in telepathic communication.

Michael's Story
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’m not really looking for a new series to read right now, but you made this sound so good that I might just change my mind. I really like stories about things that I hope won’t happen but probably will.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

Some elements of dystopic stories are used in this novel and I'm curious to see what experiences Michael and Dr. Green made. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”