Review of Sean of The Realms

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Review of Sean of The Realms

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Sean of The Realms" by JD Howard.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sean of the Realms by J. D. Howard is a book about a young boy thrust into the world of heroism and the weight of destiny, shuttling between dimensions looking for his relatives as well as finding his path and purpose in life while fulfilling his almost seemingly impossible destiny that is now his reality.

What is faith? It can be said to be a conviction or belief in something unexplainable. This is what our young hero has to come to terms with despite the sorrows and pain that fill his everyday life. His struggles with his destiny are only alleviated by the joy and dedication his companions, family, and friends instill into his life, keeping the little embers of faith from dying out. We see ourselves in this story if we can align it with our everyday lives. The struggles and obstacles we have to surpass and the will to overcome them come through little instances of faith and a steady hand of friendship to hold and guide our path.

This book, I must say, has a lot of positive aspects that I would love to bring to light. Firstly, the storyline was captivating. Its ability to enthrall and keep the reader glued to their seat and his eyes glued to the book should be regarded highly. The words used were easy to read and understand. Also, the range of readers that this book is suitable for accommodates young ones and adults. Secondly, the use of pictures in the book brought about an ethereal feel to the book, bringing us closer and immersing us deeper into the world of the story. Also, the cliffhanger at the end of the novel was a nice touch that I honestly admired. This should be a precursor to many more books, with this as the first of many series.

I would also like to state that it would have been nicer if the dimensions had names instead of numbers as they were assigned, as this would give the story a better feel. Also, the pictures in the book had a mixture of both landscape and figure drawings. As the protagonist was displayed in the cover picture, I expected the other characters in the book to have a representation of sorts in the book. This is just my opinion and has little to do with the rating of this book. I did not dislike any other thing about the book.

This book is simply exceptional; I rate the book five out of five stars because of the writer’s imagination and thought process and the time and detail that was put into the book. The negative aspects I noted did not affect how much I enjoyed the book. I will recommend this book to anyone who loves mysteries and adventure books.

Sean of The Realms
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Okocha Victor »

what an excellent review you have written. I agree with you that it would have been more fun if the author messed around with names instead of numbers, although i think numbers are very much easier to remember than names.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm glad that this novel can appeal to adult readers as well, as there's an adventure that includes some important themes as well. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

Boy why destiny ia a be heroes. He weight destiny on another demension. This is novel about young boy why weigh mission of life, and his strong faith leave your dreams. There novel telling us how matter is family and frenship community. I recommend this novel everyone why have a strong faith and believe to mission of destiny on realistic world.
Ivana_5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ivana_5 »

This is storytelling about boy why have a heroism mission and he weight to prof your destiny. This book 📚 teaching us how we faith for your beliefs and go on into our destiny. Book say us how be a hero, how mission complete and send strong message everyone why believe to have a purpose to helpp someone who needs.
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The review of "Sean of the Realms" by J. D. Howard provides an insightful and positive assessment of the book. The reviewer emphasizes the captivating storyline that keeps readers engaged and appreciates the author's use of accessible language, making it suitable for readers of various ages. The inclusion of pictures in the book is praised for enhancing the immersive experience and adding an ethereal feel to the story. The mention of a cliffhanger ending is seen as a promising setup for future books in the series. The reviewer offers a couple of suggestions for improvement, such as using named dimensions instead of numbers and incorporating more character representations in the pictures. However, these minor criticisms do not diminish the overall enjoyment of the book. With admiration for the author's imagination and attention to detail, the review awards the book a perfect five-star rating. It concludes by recommending the book to readers who enjoy mysteries and adventure stories.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”