Review of Damsels Be Damned

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Review of Damsels Be Damned

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Damsels Be Damned" by Autumn Peercy.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The desire for revenge is a powerful emotion that can consume a person's thoughts and actions. We all have that feeling of vengeance when we are wronged; how much more when we lose a loved one? The pain and the agony sting us and flow through our veins, hankering for a more bitter fate for the people behind them. It's a natural response to feeling wronged or betrayed, and it can be difficult to let go of the desire for retribution. Such is the case for Mariella. A young princess who lost her parents and her birthright is forced to flee for her life.

The story begins with Princess Mariella in fear and panic as her kingdom is being destroyed by King Ben of Totherow. Mariella manages to escape and finds herself an apprentice to Elmira, who is known for one of the noblest professions. This profession would later lead Mariella to another city, where she realized the odds of reclaiming her birthright and fell in love with Swayne. A charming-looking prince who helped her build her army of damsels. As the story unfolds, heartbreaking truths are brought to light, and the dead are coming back to hunt the living.

Damsels Be Damned by Autumn Peercy is a gripping and well-written book that takes a reader on a thrilling journey of pain, revenge, and love. Mariella is a well-developed character with a fascinating contingency that adds depth and complexity to the plot. Elmira wasn't just Mariella's mentor; she was also her mother, making sure she was never in any kind of trouble. Swayne has a rather phenomenal style, and his love for Mariella is discernible. The romance between them is enthralling. The plot is properly structured and keeps the reader engaged from start to finish, with plenty of twists and turns along the way. The author created a truly memorable and engaging tale that is not to be missed.

I revere Ives's unflinching dauntlessness. A determined and strong young lady who is money-minded and always wants to have things her way. Who would be a better collaborator for Mariela's bravery if not Ives?

There was nothing I didn't like about the book. The story is fascinating and is sure to appeal to fans of fantasy. The descriptions are well crafted; I imagined each scenario as I read. Thus, I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars.

The book is excellently edited. I found no errors in it. Furthermore, I recommend this book to fans of science fiction and fantasy. It's a book that will have its readers going back to its pages.

Damsels Be Damned
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Some classic elements of fantasy and other genres are used in this novel that includes well-developed characters for a story that seems engaging. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The review of "Damsels Be Damned" by Autumn Peercy provides a powerful and relatable exploration of the theme of revenge, acknowledging the natural inclination to seek retribution when wronged or betrayed. The reviewer highlights the engaging and well-written nature of the book, describing it as a thrilling journey of pain, revenge, and love. The characters, particularly Princess Mariella, Elmira, and Swayne, are praised for their development and the depth they bring to the plot. The romance between Mariella and Swayne is described as enthralling, and the plot is commended for its structure, engagement, and surprising twists. The reviewer also notes the excellent editing of the book, with no errors detected. Overall, the book is rated 5 out of 5 stars.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”