Review of The Death Wizard Chronicles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Review of The Death Wizard Chronicles

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Death Wizard Chronicles" by Jim Melvin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Torg, known as the Death-Knower Wizard and also the King of the Tugars, set off with twenty of his highest-ranking Tugars to save the Noble Ones, but the mission didn’t go exactly as planned. Torg was taken hostage by the monster Mala, whose mission was to take Torg to his king, the Sorcerer Invictus. Although Invictus was very young, he was very powerful, and his complete power was still unknown. This new evil wasn’t just a threat to Triken, but to the very fabric that kept the universe together. Torg was the only wizard that could possibly stop this evil, but how when he was held hostage?

One warrior stood out from the rest, and it wasn’t only because she disobeyed direct orders. She was pushed by so much more than just her loyalty to her king and country, and she showed that following one’s heart instead of orders might just be the answer to all. Or not. You will have to read this book to find out exactly what happens and how this warrior’s presence affects things.

I enjoyed the map of Triken given at the start of this book, which made it easier to follow the journey described and the paths that were taken. The author did an excellent job with the vibrant description of the book. Everything was vivid enough that you could create the characters, world, and fighting clearly in your mind. The world-building usually takes a bit of time and slows the book down, which was apparent in this book, but the author spiced up the world-building with the details of the journey to transport Torg. It definitely picked up the flow of the book and made the world-building phase more enjoyable.

I found no errors in the whole book, which shows me that it was professionally edited. Due to the lack of errors and the fascinating scenes in this book, I see no other reason not to give The Death Wizard Chronicles by Jim Melvin a perfect 5 out of 5 rating. I met magic, fighting, war, sorcery, all kinds of mythical creatures and monsters, romance, and so much more in this book. If these are the kinds of things that you enjoy, you will definitely love this book!

As mentioned above, this book does contain fighting and some gruesome scenes. There are also a few intimate scenes in this book. Due to these reasons, I would recommend this book to mature adults who enjoy magical fantasy, war, and splashes of romance. This was only book one of a six-book epic fantasy series called "The Death Wizard Chronicles," and I can’t wait to read the next book!

The Death Wizard Chronicles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

There's a lot in this fantasy novel to star what seems like an epic fantasy saga set in a well-constructed fictional universe. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

NetMassimo wrote: 29 May 2023, 14:49 There's a lot in this fantasy novel to star what seems like an epic fantasy saga set in a well-constructed fictional universe. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Thanks so much for your comment on my review!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”