Review of Cat Hunters

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Review of Cat Hunters

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cat Hunters" by P. Clauss.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cat Hunters is a fictional story set in a kingdom comprised of four tribes: the Cat Hunters, Bear Hunters, Snake Hunters, and Dog Hunters. Each tribe possesses its own spirits and operates within their respective realms. Within one of these tribes, a remarkable individual emerges, upon whose shoulders the destiny of all tribes rests. This extraordinary being is destined to deliver the truth, secure freedom, rectify past wrongs, and safeguard the future. Will this great star be male or female? Will they fulfill their destiny? What challenges will they face and overcome? Or will they succumb to an unfortunate fate? To unravel these mysteries, one must acquire a copy of this captivating book.

Among the many characters, Mamm and Yumie stand out as my favorites. Mamm displayed remarkable maturity, keeping a secret until the opportune moment for its revelation—an incredible display of emotional strength that deeply touched me. Yumie, on the other hand, proved to be an awe-inspiring figure. Despite facing doubt and animosity from the Cat Hunters, Yumie persevered, exhibiting patience until finally being accepted and proving their worth—a testament to their resilience. It is ironic that someone from a tribe considered untrustworthy would ultimately become the one they relied on. 

Throughout the enthralling narrative, there were moments of pure amusement. One such occasion was when Kilala, taken aback by a long hiss from Yumie, later discovered it was the snake's laughter—a hilarity that resonated with me, eliciting laughter each time I recalled it. Who would have thought that a snake could laugh too?

Furthermore, a quote that resonated deeply with me was: "Without information, disinformation is created" (Page 150). This statement highlights the importance of accurate knowledge and the consequences of misinformation.

The story's emotional depth was most evident during a tumultuous period in the kingdoms, marked by the disappearance of cubs and young ones. Witnessing the leader's distressing tears due to the concealment of these events was truly heart-wrenching. The author's ability to emphasize the perspectives and words of the snake tribe members demonstrated exceptional creativity and intuition. This aspect underscored the uniqueness and distinct characteristics of each tribe.

Additionally, the book's chapters were succinctly written and well-edited, a commendable feature. This organization is particularly advantageous as it allows for ease of reading and prevents readers from losing interest in lengthy, convoluted sections. It is truly an engaging, highly inspirational, and motivating book.

However, my only criticism is the absence of page numbers. This made it challenging for me to resume reading after taking breaks or locate the exact page containing my favorite quote. Despite this drawback, it is not significant enough to diminish my overall rating.

For the aforementioned reasons, I wholeheartedly rate Cat Hunters by P. Clauss with 5 out of 5 stars. The absence of page numbers is outweighed by the book's many merits.

In conclusion, while this story primarily targets teenagers and young adults, its message extends beyond those age groups. It serves as a reminder that anyone can achieve their aspirations if they possess the willpower. The book places particular emphasis on teenagers and young adults, who harbor extraordinary talents, unique skills, and transformative ideas capable of changing the world. By discovering their potential, believing in themselves, seeking wisdom through reading and studying, adhering to instructions, and persistently pursuing their dreams, they can make a lasting impact and find solutions to any problem. However, these achievements require great sacrifices and perseverance. Do you dare to be different? Then, this book is for you.

Cat Hunters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thanks to your glowing review, I am now excited to spend time in the universe Clauss has created and delve into the captivating story that is "Cat Hunters." So, thank you once again for your amazing review, which undoubtedly convinced me to get a copy of this book.
Aswin3848
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aswin3848.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Aswin3848 »

I was immediately drawin in to the cover of the book which looks great. Further, i am just excited to read a fantacy. The universe Clauss has created shoud be great fun to read.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

I might be old for this novel but the story seems engaging with adventure but also important themes that create an interesting fantasy setting. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”