Review of The Eden Paradox

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Review of The Eden Paradox

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Eden Paradox" by Barry Kirwan.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Eden Paradox by Barry Kirwan is an entertaining sci-fi novel set in 2063. After Earth has been ravaged by war and the use of nuclear weapons, many cities have been left uninhabitable. Despite this, Earth's temperature has continuously risen, bringing Earth and humanity close to extinction. However, hope is rekindled when the planet, Eden, is discovered. Four astronauts, Blake, Kat, Pierre, and Zack, are sent on a mission to Eden as humanity's last hope. But the astronauts' survival and humanity's fate are on the line because a brilliant tech analyst discovers a daunting secret. Is Eden the savior of humanity? Can humanity let go of its differences and unite to fight against extinction? Follow The Eden Paradox to know the length humanity can go to when its survival is at stake.

The author did an excellent job portraying a sci-fi environment through his book. The intergalactic travels of characters, the portrayal of different alien species (the Q'Roth, Hashids, and Rangers), the different genetic modifications done on some characters (the "ghosters"), and the use of "aero-taxis" that can fly across cities are typical examples of what readers will expect from a sci-fi environment. The author succeeded in satisfying the imagination of readers as he left nothing to chance.

The author also did an excellent and commendable task in portraying the dangers and adverse effects of war on the planet. From the abandonment of major cities, like New York and Washington, due to the nuclear bombings and the depletion of Earth's resources leading to continuous overheating of the climate, readers can understand the dangers humanity poses to itself and its survival.

The Eden Paradox is an exciting, fast-paced sci-fi book with many entertaining and action-packed scenes. Despite this, readers are not left speculating, as the author hints at a continuation of the series with a prologue of the next book at the end. Readers can expect to continue enjoying this fast-paced story filled with plot twists and suspense that will keep them wanting more. I can't wait to read the next book.

Only one error was noticed while reading the book, showing that the editors did a professional job. There was nothing I disliked. Therefore, I'd rate The Eden Paradox 5 out of 5 stars. I'd recommend it to lovers of sci-fi stories set in a post-apocalyptic world.

The Eden Paradox
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paul Link
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-link.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Paul Link »

Thank you for your glowing review. I appreciate how you highlighted the intriguing portrayal of different alien species, as well as the genetic modifications done on characters, such as the "ghosters." It's also refreshing to know that the author incorporated a message about the dangers of war on the planet, making the book even more relevant to today. Your assurance that the book was a fast-paced, action-filled read has piqued my interest, and knowing that there's a continuation of the series with a prologue of the next book at the end has me even more excited to start reading. It's good to hear that the editors did an excellent job, and I'm impressed that you found only one error. Based on your review, I'd be happy to rate The Eden Paradox 5 out of 5 stars and recommend it to my friends who love sci-fi stories set in a post-apocalyptic world. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on such a captivating book.
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Bones In The Alley by Viterose E Van Huis

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

It is truly invigorating to discover that the author adeptly integrated a poignant message concerning the perils of warfare on our planet, thereby endowing the book with enhanced contemporary relevance. Nice Review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm not sure I want to read a post-apocalyptic novel right now but the presence of alien species and the possibility of a new start on another planet are intriguing. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The review of "The Eden Paradox" by Barry Kirwan provides a concise and positive summary of the book's key elements and strengths. The reviewer praises the author for creating a compelling sci-fi environment with intergalactic travel, alien species, and futuristic technologies. They appreciate the author's portrayal of the consequences of war and the dangers humanity faces due to its actions. The review highlights the book's fast-paced nature, entertaining and action-packed scenes, and the promise of a continuation in the series. The reviewer notes the minimal presence of errors, indicating professional editing. They give the book a five-star rating and recommend it to sci-fi enthusiasts interested in post-apocalyptic stories.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”