Review of The God Protocol: Dragon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Review of The God Protocol: Dragon

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The God Protocol: Dragon" by D.L. Wilburn Jr.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The God Protocol: Dragon is a science fiction thriller by D. L. Wilburn Jr. It consists of four parts and is set in the not-too-distant future. As the book begins, we are introduced to George Isaacson, a podcaster with a flair for alien conspiracies, although not a true believer himself. When NASA identifies five objects heading towards collision in distant space, George spins a crazy story surrounding aliens in order to increase his following. However, when the objects slow down and meet rather than collide, his story doesn't sound crazy anymore, launching him into fame.

Meanwhile, as the development of AI consciousness gets closer to becoming a reality, superpowers like the United States of America and China continue their struggle for dominance. Espionage, cyber warfare, and quantum computing become weapons in this new struggle, but when the threat of an alien invasion becomes less of science fiction and more of an authentic problem, how will humanity respond? Find out in this gripping book.

There is quite a lot I like about this book. I loved the level of attention given to details. The author does an excellent job of fleshing out concepts involving archeology, artificial intelligence, human behavior, and global politics accurately. The book has a lot of different moving parts that come together smoothly; the story is told from multiple points of view. I really liked the characters. They seemed very relatable, from George to Sharon, to even characters like Wu Kai and President Fernandez. The characters' motivations were understandable. I also liked the character interactions between George and his father.

As the plot progressed, it was nice to see the characters develop and grow. This is especially seen with George after the events in Turkey. I liked the pacing of the book. There are no filler sections. Everything is geared towards pushing the plot forward in some manner, which I truly appreciated. Perhaps my favorite part was the ending. I found it very surprising. Ultimately the book is a sci-fi thriller rooted in reality. It is a truly engaging and enjoyable book. I am eagerly anticipating its sequel.

I found nothing to dislike about this book. Also, I found no errors in the book; it was exceptionally well-edited. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars. I found the book engaging and entertaining. I was delighted with the book, and as a result, I could not rate it any lower. I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction and thrillers.

The God Protocol: Dragon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Okocha Victor
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okocha-victor.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Okocha Victor »

You wrote an awesome review. The united states and China are superpowers? We can only imagine what encompasses this earth. We need a sure knowledge of these things, and I'm sure NASA is a made-up story, but that is a story for another day. We arent ready for this discussion.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

A novel that builds upon the current world situation to create a science fiction story that includes artificial intelligence and, maybe, aliens. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”