Review of Legacy of man

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joyce Nwaogazie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joyce-nwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We Stand Here as A millionaire by Joan Gross

Review of Legacy of man

Post by Joyce Nwaogazie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Legacy of man" by David Lingard.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Legacy of Man: Military, Sci-fi Coming of Age, Progression Fantasy is a fiction book by David Lingard. The book had themes of friendship, unity, freedom, and power plays. Some of the council members desired to see the program's failure, which would invariably lead to the destruction of the Earth. The focal character, Charlie Sinclair, became the one to avert this disaster.

Charlie had a tumor in his brain. The surgical removal of the tumor left him in a vegetative state. He was presented with a ray of hope from an unknown man who was part of a program in the intergalactic council of different races. He was told he could use his body if he joined the program. His foster parents insisted that he shouldn't go, but Charlie was persistent because he wanted to function as a normal human again. Dr. Kono, an alien from the Kanaan race, operated on him. He removed the tumors and inserted chips into his DNA and RNA, known as the Genetic Advancement and Progression Program, or GAP, among other things. Out of the other participants in the program, he was the only one with an unlocked PIP (perceived intervention percentage). Why was this so? This made him better than the other participants in Camp Rebirth. As time went on, he discovered he had a more significant and vital role to play in the survival of the Earth.

I was mesmerized by the book cover. It was beautifully done, and this gave it an aesthetic aura. I commend the author's expert writing skills. The words were perfectly woven together to create engaging sentences that made the book a masterpiece. The plot was excellently executed, from the adequately developed characters to the engaging storyline. The storyline had a perfect level of action and suspense, which kept the reader's attention glued to the book. The level of action increased at the end of the book, and I was in for it all.

I was delighted by the actions of Charlie's friends. It was alleviating to see them stand up for him whenever he needed it. The theme of friendship was one of the strongest, giving me a soothing emotion. I learned something about Charlie's predicament at the onset of the tale. His inability to walk made him feel bad. However, after Dr. Kono's treatments, he gradually improved, returning to normalcy. And worth noting was that he didn't take his improvements for granted. Instead, he was appreciative of it.

Although Sorin was one of the antagonists, I found it admirable that he always had something to say to back up his cunning claims. I didn't get bored reading the story from his perspective. The book was professionally edited, as I noted some errors. I'll rate it 5 out of 5 stars because it was a pleasurable read.

I recommend this book to fans of well-written works of fiction. Lovers of science fiction books would appreciate the storyline of this book.

Legacy of man
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The City We Became
Bookshelf Size: 425
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems an interesting novel with a story that works at personal level with relationships between characters and at a cosmic level with different species living in different galaxies. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Genevieve Chinaza
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genevieve-chinaza.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Genevieve Chinaza »

I think this copy will be so interesting.The book cover is so enticing,I look forward to reading this wonderful piece.Thank you for the honest review

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”