Review of To Die A Hero

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Review of To Die A Hero

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "To Die A Hero" by Jack Heape.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Deciding to join the military is one of the most challenging decisions to make. It's not easy to commit one's life to the safety of others, who may not fully understand the sacrifices you're making. However, I firmly believe everyone taking this bold step should be celebrated indefinitely.

To Die A Hero by Jack Heape is a captivating sci-fi/fantasy book that leaves you yearning for more. The story revolves around the valiant acts of the Federation Navy during the war between Lille and Moulin. The protagonist, Caroline Jacquier (CJ), defies her father's plans for her to join the Army and instead joins the Navy, ultimately becoming a skilled Falcon pilot. Together with her comrades, she confronts the war against Lille, unfolding aboard the vessel named Essex. Dive into this book to discover how CJ navigates through these trials.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and commend the author's exceptional writing skills. CJ's character is portrayed with depth and admiration throughout the story. She exudes strength, bravery, intelligence, and confidence, qualities that not everyone possesses in the face of adversity. The emotional bond between CJ, her mother, and her bunkmate, Sarah, struck a chord with me. Jack effectively depicts the tragic nature of dying as a hero.

There's nothing I dislike about this book. The author masterfully captures the essence of action, enabling readers to visualize each scene vividly. Despite being unfamiliar with the book's settings, I found no hindrance to my enjoyment, thanks to the author's meticulous descriptions. Undoubtedly, CJ is one of the finest characters, deserving every bit of recognition in her profession.

Although there were minor typos and grammatical errors, they did not overshadow the book's excellent rating. I relished every moment spent reading this book and wholeheartedly give it a flawless 5 out of 5 stars.

I highly recommend To Die A Hero to sci-fi enthusiasts, fans of action-packed thrillers, and anyone who appreciates war-themed books.

To Die A Hero
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
John Kingsley Ken
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

A military action packed adventure of Federation Navy. Portrays the mindset, ambitions and lifestyle of Caroline. An interesting review.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

Action scenes are my favorites in fiction reads. I'm in awe and appreciate how the book portrayed women as brave folks, as the protagonist strives to pursue a male-dominated role. Well done on this review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

I derived great pleasure from the experience of reading this book and applaud the author's remarkable talent in writing. The character of CJ is depicted with profound depth and admiration throughout the narrative. She radiates qualities of strength, bravery, intelligence, and confidence that are not commonly found in the midst of challenges. Thanks for the amazing review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Killing Machine
Bookshelf Size: 428
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a classic type of science fiction story with a depth that goes beyond action and adventure and includes sacrifice and tragedy. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Jay Alex
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-alex.html
Latest Review: 1942 When British Rule In India Was Threatened by Krishna Kumar

Post by Jay Alex »

I am a fan of stories that are action-packed and now that the main character is a female I am definitely reading this book. Why did CJ defy her father's wish? I just hope she survived the war. Wonderful review.
Cresswell Henderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cresswell-henderson.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Cresswell Henderson »

I find CJ to be an interesting character to follow. I'm truly looking forward to reading this book. I hope the errors which are in it won't hinder my general enjoyment of the book.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Robert Andrew »

The reviewer praises the book "To Die A Hero" by Jack Heape, emphasizing the challenging decision individuals make when they choose to join the military. They acknowledge the sacrifices and commitment required to dedicate one's life to the safety of others. The reviewer believes that such individuals should be celebrated. The book itself is described as a captivating sci-fi/fantasy story centered around the Federation Navy's courageous actions during the war between Lille and Moulin. The protagonist, Caroline Jacquier (CJ), rebels against her father's plans for her to join the Army and instead enlists in the Navy. As a skilled Falcon pilot, CJ and her comrades confront the war aboard the vessel Essex.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Doctor Lucifer by Anthony Lee

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

The emotional depth portrayed in the relationships between CJ, her mother, and her bunkmate, Sarah, adds a poignant layer to the story. It's these connections that often make a book truly memorable.
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

With a great plot and interesting writing style, a story would evoke engagement, and this book seems to have those quality. Thanks for your good evaluation of the book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”