Review of 3x3

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Review of 3x3

Post by Friederic Schröder »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "3x3" by Dennis Haupt.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ever wondered what an out-of-the-box sci-fi novel would be like—a world where anomalies, quantum immortality, and parallel universes all merge into one? If you have, then this novel wouldn't come as much of a surprise to you; the author transcends the readers of this novel into another unfamiliar terrain to discover the mystery of the novel.

3x3 by Dennis Haupt is a sci-fi and mystery novel that started with a nice sense of serenity. Quentin Garamond fled to Munich to meet a half-French and half-Russian woman known as Dominique Makarova, who would finance a project. In the hotel where he lodged, he woke up and realized that he was in unfamiliar territory where he had to play the game with two participants alongside him. His first participants were Owen, an aged man who had found himself in the game for quite some time, and Princess, a girl with an anomaly that lures people into getting what she wants. As the novel progressed, various characters appeared in the game, all in the hope of escaping the place they found themselves in. After a few games, Quentin met Scientist, also known as Bina, and they both became fond of each other. Her anomaly was being the smartest in the room, and she caused some chaos for the moderator. She brought them closer to finding the secret of the game. Learn more about the exciting events and characters that emerge in the game's progression when you grab a copy of the novel 3x3 by Dennis Haupt.

This novel captivated me with its enigmatic elevator that transported the characters through different universes at different levels. When they attempted to escape through the highest floor, they faced hazardous levels of radiation and debris that forced them to retreat. However, on their next attempt, they realized the elevator was a portal to different universes at different times. As a science enthusiast, I pondered if our world could ever achieve such a marvel and if I would be lucky enough to be a part of it. Moreover, what entranced me the most was the idea of "anomalies", where each character's unique name aligned with their power and characteristics. The Inspector's anomaly, dubbed Frank Marble, was the most fascinating to me, as he had the ability to witness past events, not only in his universe but also in parallel ones.

There were several perplexing aspects to this work of fiction that stirred within me a sense of discomfort. Firstly, the moderator's behavior was inappropriate. He seemed lost and irrational, even after Scientist was disqualified from the game. Her continued participation left me feeling uneasy. The wizard character's motivations were unclear, causing me to question whether she was a protagonist or an antagonist. At times she encouraged the other participants to leave the game, while at other times she was the one causing chaos. She also appeared to be the only participant who had killed others to obtain her powers. Finally, when the CEO's true identity was revealed, the plot became even more tangled. Overall, my emotional response to this novel was far from positive, and I believe the author could have improved the storytelling.

In perusing this fictional work, I detected a handful of grammatical imprecisions, leading me to surmise that this work of art was handled by a professional editor and is hereby professionally edited. Nonetheless, I would be remiss not to declare that my evaluation of this work would be a modest 3 out of 5 stars because, in truth, it left me wanting for certain elements that could have rendered it more palatable.

For those with an affinity for arcane, scientific, and otherworldly fictions, I would highly recommend delving into the pages of Dennis Haupt's latest work. It is rich with enigmatic themes; this literary work delves into the far-reaching depths of the unknown with its blend of science fiction, mystery, and parallel universes. So, if you're looking for a novel that truly captures the essence of the unexplainable, look no further than this intriguing tome by Dennis Haupt.

3x3
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chrystal Paris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-paris.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Chrystal Paris »

I'm tempted to say 3x3 is 9. Lol
The title of the book makes me more eager to read this book.
Your review is captivating. Well done
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel contains some elements that make it an intriguing science fiction thriller but the flaws you pointed out make me think that it needs more editing for the story to really work well. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Kebun Bunga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The review of "3x3" provides a glimpse into an out-of-the-box sci-fi novel that merges anomalies, quantum immortality, and parallel universes. The reviewer highlights the captivating elements of the novel, such as the enigmatic elevator that transports characters through different universes and the concept of "anomalies" where each character's name aligns with their power. These aspects, along with the exploration of unknown depths and the blend of science fiction and mystery, piqued the reviewer's interest.

However, the review also expresses discomfort and a sense of confusion regarding certain aspects of the novel. The moderator's behavior, the motivations of the wizard character, and the tangled plot are mentioned as factors that affected the overall reading experience. The reviewer suggests that the storytelling could have been improved to address these concerns.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”