Review of Obsidian Tomorrow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shanesha Sammerson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 237
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Review of Obsidian Tomorrow

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Obsidian Tomorrow" by Chad Wannamaker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Obsidian Tomorrow by Chad Wannamaker is a thrilling and suspenseful novel that will keep readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish. With its gripping storyline and well-developed characters, this book is a must-read for fans of the sci-fi and mystery genres.

The story begins with Jake and his friends Brad and Larry witnessing the terrifying abduction of two women outside a restaurant. As they try to rescue the victims, Jake and one of the women are captured while the others are left unconscious. Simultaneously, four other individuals are also abducted, and all of them wake up together in a mysterious room. They soon encounter an otherworldly entity that reveals they have been chosen for a higher purpose because a looming threat is approaching.

Meanwhile, Larry finds himself in trouble with the police after he claims he found his wife's lifeless body at home. Seeking refuge with Brad, he becomes entangled in the enigma surrounding the abductions. As the plot unfolds, the identity of the wife's killer and the nature of the impending danger become central questions that drive the narrative forward.

Chad Wannamaker skillfully weaves together multiple storylines, creating a complex and interconnected web of intrigue. The pacing is superb, with each chapter ending on a cliffhanger, leaving readers eager to turn the page and uncover the next twist. Wannamaker excels at building suspense and keeping readers guessing until the very end.

The characters in Obsidian Tomorrow are well-rounded and relatable, each with their own unique backgrounds and motivations. Readers will find themselves emotionally invested in their struggles and triumphs. Wannamaker masterfully explores themes of friendship, loyalty, and the resilience of the human spirit, adding depth and resonance to the narrative.

The prose in the novel is engaging and flows effortlessly, allowing readers to become fully immersed in the story. While there are a few minor errors, the book has been professionally edited, and the overall quality of the writing is commendable.

The only drawback of Obsidian Tomorrow is that it leaves readers yearning for more. The book concludes with a satisfying resolution to some plot threads but also sets the stage for a continuation of the story. This is both a testament to Wannamaker's storytelling abilities and a source of frustration for readers who crave immediate closure.

In conclusion, Obsidian Tomorrow is an enthralling and well-crafted novel that delivers a gripping narrative and memorable characters. With its blend of science fiction, mystery, and suspense, this book is a must-read for fans of the genre. Despite its minor editing flaws, it deserves a solid 5 out of 5 stars. Chad Wannamaker has created a captivating world that will leave readers eagerly anticipating the next installment in this thrilling series.

Obsidian Tomorrow
View: on Bookshelves
NomanRajput034
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NomanRajput034 »

:techie-reference: Obsidian Tomorrow takes readers on a gripping journey through a bleak and haunting future. The author's vivid world-building and well-developed characters create an immersive experience that keeps you engaged from start to finish. With a perfect blend of suspense and thought-provoking themes, this dystopian tale explores the consequences of environmental neglect and the resilience of the human spirit. While a few moments felt predictable, the overall strength of the story makes it a captivating read for fans of science fiction and societal introspection
Last edited by NomanRajput034 on 06 Jul 2023, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

A science fiction mystery centered around some abductions and Larry's wife's death in a story marked by twists seems intriguing. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Odichimma Okoye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odichimma-okoye.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Odichimma Okoye »

Obsidian Tomorrow seems like a wonderful book. It's thrilling definitely, your review says that much. The base for the execution of the story's plot also seems wonderful. It definitely doesn't look like a book that I'd consider monotonous to read. Nice review.
:D Hi! Thanks for stopping by to read my reviews. Leave a reply and let me see what you think about my reviews and the books I review. I'll be willing to take any corrections and grateful for any replies. Thanks! :tiphat:
Kebun Bunga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kebun-bunga.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Kebun Bunga »

The review you provided for "Obsidian Tomorrow" effectively captures the essence of the book and its appeal to fans of the sci-fi and mystery genres. You skillfully outline the gripping storyline, the well-rounded characters, and the author's skill in weaving together multiple storylines to create intrigue.

Your comments on the superb pacing, the cliffhangers at the end of each chapter, and the author's ability to build suspense demonstrate your understanding of the book's structure and its ability to keep readers engaged.

Furthermore, your recognition of the exploration of themes such as friendship, loyalty, and the resilience of the human spirit adds depth to your review, highlighting the emotional investment readers can have in the struggles and triumphs of the characters.

Your evaluation of the prose as engaging and the commendable overall quality of the writing further emphasizes the book's appeal and the author's skill in immersing readers in the story.

Your acknowledgement of the book's only drawback, the desire for more immediate closure, showcases a balanced perspective on the story's conclusion and the impact it may have on readers.
Sincerely,
Sondang :tiphat:
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

This is a riveting and intriguing novel. There are always young women that go missing, and so this is an unfortunately familiar scenario. It’s written well and pulls the reader in.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

If the book is as captivating as the review, it is a must-read. I like the intrigue, the suspense, who is the killer? Who is behind the abductions? And which cliffhangers will leave us impatiently waiting for the next book?
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: Risky Business In Rising China by Mark Atkeson

Post by Esther Deekor »

Obsidian Tomorrow sounds like an intriguing and fascinating sci-fi novels with an appropriate amount of suspense. I can't help but wonder why Larry's wife was killed and who the killer would be. Congratulations on BOTD!!
victoria gaudette brinius
Favorite Book: Alien Bonds
Currently Reading: Grace Sees Red
Bookshelf Size: 1068
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-gaudette-brinius.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by victoria gaudette brinius »

I enjoyed reading some of this book. It was fun reading how close theae friends were. I also really like when the character said "you can't catch fish without fishing". I never heard that before.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: If... and other stories by Claire Frieze

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

"Obsidian Tomorrow" sounds like an exhilarating read, blending suspense, mystery, and science fiction seamlessly. The intricate plot and well-developed characters promise an engaging journey, though the hint of a cliffhanger ending might leave readers craving more. Overall, it seems like a must-read for fans of the genre.
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting fantasy story following Brad, his friends and a group of strangers that were abducted and then told by an otherworldly entity that they were chosen for a higher purpose as a threat is coming. What is this threat and will they succeed? It might be worth a second look. Well done.
Chitra Ayengar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-ayengar.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chitra Ayengar »

With its gripping story line and well developed characters this book is a must read for sci-fi fans. The story begins with Jake and his friends getting abducted for a higher purpose. What is this threat? Will they eliminate it? Thanks for the detailed review.
Fatola Fatai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fatola-fatai.html
Latest Review: Coming Full Circle: Healing Trauma Using Psychedelics by Shannon Duncan

Post by Fatola Fatai »

The mention of superb pacing and cliffhanger chapter endings speaks volumes about the author's ability to maintain suspense and keep readers engaged throughout the narrative. I appreciate the author's creativity.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3060
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange

Post by Kibet Hillary »

It is good thing to read that the only aspect of the book that seems like a drawback is that it leaves readers yearning for more.
:smile:
I wonder what the looming threat is all about and the roles of the abducted individuals in the whole plot. The themes of friendship and resilience sound great. I am adding the book to my want-to-read shelf. Many thanks for the review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 241
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

The selection for today appears to be an intriguing urban fantasy story. Fans of the genre will be intrigued by the mystery and tension created by the kidnapping, the mysterious room, and the motive for selecting the abducted. 

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”