Review of Obsidian Tomorrow

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Upasana Vidish Purohit
Favorite Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upasana-vidish-purohit.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of Obsidian Tomorrow

Post by Upasana Vidish Purohit »

"Obsidian Tomorrow" by Chad Wannamaker seems like a thrilling and mysterious read. It also has elements of sci-fi and fantasy, which is a very interesting plot. I found the review very descriptive and interesting.
Rose Nafula Oketch
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Whispers in the Dark by Chandler McGrew

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

"Obsidian Tomorrow" is an intriguing novel full of adventure, mystery, murder, and suspense. I am curious who's behind the abductions of women and the killer of Larry's wife. I would love to read the book and know. Congratulations on BOTD!
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

Obsidian Tomorrow by Chad Wannamaker is full of drama and plots. I am drawn to the title, the author's name sounds funny and unique. I like that the review gives the tip of the iceberg and leaves one itching for more. Thanks for the great review and congratulations to Chad Wannamaker on BOTD.
Jaadugar Yadu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaadugar-yadu.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Jaadugar Yadu »

Combining a detective plot (solving the mysterious events) with narration (an everyday story set in extraordinary and unbelievable events) adds to the breadth of the storyline. The vision of Seattle as a setting could reflect a sense of home and a sense of inconsistency.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Anu Anand »

"Obsidian Tomorrow" sounds like an exciting read! The suspenseful plot, well-developed characters, and blend of sci-fi and mystery have me intrigued. I'm especially drawn to the cliffhangers at the end of each chapter. Congrats on BOTD!
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: Seeker
Bookshelf Size: 2293
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 34%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

Sounds like a thrilling sci-fi full of mystery that keeps you on your feat with cliffhangers. I am really curious what is the purpose of the abduction.
Eugine Ingalwa
Currently Reading: The Three Card Trick
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eugine-ingalwa.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Eugine Ingalwa »

Based on this review, I sense a compelling sense of excitement contained within the pages of this book. The author's exploration of themes such as friendship, loyalty, and the resilience of the human spirit grants this book a distinct yet approachable charm. I am eager to know who killed Nat as well as the respective fates of Jake and Larry.
Ankitg Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankitg-yadav.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ankitg Yadav »

"Obsidian Tomorrow: "The Storm," as its title suggests, looks like a promising book with a very vivid imagination. The idea gives a thrill to science fiction combining mystery and suspense, which might be the story of science fiction, mystery, and suspense fans.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Atieno Magero »

Obsidian Tomorrow has an exciting storyline and well developed characters. I like that the characters are relatable and that the story is suspenseful and exciting. This book is perfect for people who like science fiction. Congrats on making botd!
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Sky Revews »

The combination of just an ordinary night and some other seemingly accused parties that might be belonging to some high-end conspirators who want to end the world makes this story a more interesting one. Congrats on #BOTD!
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Who Will Accompany You? by Meg Stafford, Kate Stafford, Gale Stafford
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 128%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"Obsidian Tomorrow" by Chad Wannamaker is a captivating sci-fi mystery that follows Jake and his friends as they are drawn into a series of abductions and a looming threat. Wannamaker expertly weaves together multiple storylines, keeping readers engaged with suspenseful twists and well-developed characters. While the book leaves readers eager for more, its engaging prose and compelling themes of friendship and resilience make it a must-read for fans of the genre. Despite minor editing flaws, it earns a solid 5 out of 5 stars for its gripping narrative and memorable storytelling.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

I'm particularly attracted to the fact that Chad has developed all his chapters on cliffhangers, granting readers a fresh surge of emotions as they read. Thank you for the wonderful review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Alexander Victoria »

"Obsidian Tomorrow" promises to deliver not only an exhilarating reading experience but also a thought-provoking exploration of themes such as friendship, resilience, and the relentless pursuit of truth in the face of adversity. Readers can expect a rollercoaster ride of emotions as they delve into the heart-pounding suspense and unexpected revelations that await them in this thrilling literary journey.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 681
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 66%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Obsidian Tomorrow” by Chad Wannamaker is a well-written action thriller that like the sample will keep readers on the edge of their seats. The character’s Brad, Larry and Jake seem like normal guys and Brad likes to hit on women wherever he goes. They have drinks and dinner at a restaurant and Brad keeps unsuccessfully hitting on the server. They decide to leave and since Larry was the only one drinking ice tea the other two needed a cab or Uber to get home. The server and another woman came running out of the restaurant stating that their shift was over. The three guys followed and saw two huge beings grab the women and take them in to an alley. Brad attacks and is knocked out by one of the kidnappers. Larry and Brad are also injured and the sample ends. The official reviewer stated that Jake and one of the women were captured while the others were left unconscious. Meanwhile, 13 women had been missing in the past several months. Jake and one of the women were taken by otherworldly individuals and Larry ended up with the police since they found his wife’s lifeless body at their home. I have to read this incredible book and have added it to my to-read shelf.
Michael Gambo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-gambo.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Michael Gambo »

"Obsidian Tomorrow" seems like it packs a punch with its gripping narrative and well-developed characters. The themes of resilience and friendship add layers of depth to what promises to be an intense read.
I believe in something greater than myself.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”