Review of Knights of Orion Citadel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1663
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Review of Knights of Orion Citadel

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Knights of Orion Citadel" by Avalon O'Clair.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Can a curse be a blessing in disguise? What if the curse attracted every paranormal creature wherever you went? In Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety, Emma Borello returns home after a martial arts championship and witnesses her father’s murder. Emma testifies against Vincent Russo and enters a witness protection program. The day she turns eighteen, Vincent’s father, Octavio, finds her. Octavio tells her he sold his soul to a demon for monsters to come for her, but she will suffer and not die. He gave her a pair of designer running shoes.

Benjamin and Chase are Templar Knights who battle against the Illuminati and monsters. Their guardian angel, Ashriel, helped with their fights and was able to help them heal. One evening, Benjamin and Chase enter a building to discover a vampire den with more vampires than they could handle. Meanwhile, Emma had caught sight of the men and followed them. She hid behind a dumpster until the men came back out of the building, surrounded by vampires. Emma joins the fight. When the fight is over, Emma is shot in the back three times. At the hospital, Chase prays for Ashriel to save Emma. Ashriel pronounces, “This woman must die!”

Avalon O’Clair created a story full of vivid detail. The character development is exceptional. Benjamin and Chase are born fighters, but their personalities are extreme opposites. Benjamin was an educated scholar who planned missions. Chase was a man of action who would rush blindly into battle. I was in awe of Ashriel’s compassion for taking his vow as a guardian seriously. I felt sympathy for Emma’s desire to live a normal life.

I have nothing negative to say about this suspenseful fantasy story. The fights against supernatural monsters, vengeance for fallen family members, and tension derived from romantic feelings fill every page. The plot is unpredictable with the multiple twists; however, the storyline is easy to follow. The ending of the book leaves an opening for a sequel that I am eager to read.

I rate Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety five out of five stars. The book is professionally edited, and the story kept me fully engaged. I will admit there were several parts in which I shed tears because O’Clair’s exceptional focus on the feelings of each person felt real. The transitions between character views were clear.

I recommend the book for adult readers who enjoy slow-burn fantasy romance novels. There is a lot of graphic violence, an explicit scene, and profanity that may offend some readers. While the story includes angels and demons, a specific religion isn’t defined.

Knights of Orion Citadel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Rob Carr
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

Sounds like a pretty crazy plot! I also like how the cover gives fast and furious vibes. Thanks for the great review.
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

I absolutely loved this book review of "Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety" by Avalon O’Clair! The way you've described the premise of the book is intriguing, and it seems like a unique blend of paranormal elements, suspense, and fantasy.

The idea of a curse attracting paranormal creatures wherever the protagonist goes is such an interesting concept. Emma's journey, from witnessing her father's murder to entering a witness protection program, adds a layer of suspense and danger to the story. The introduction of Benjamin and Chase as Templar Knights battling against the Illuminati and monsters brings in an exciting action element.

Your commentary on character development is spot on. It's always a sign of a well-crafted story when characters have distinct personalities and backgrounds that complement each other. Benjamin and Chase's opposing traits make for a compelling dynamic, and Ashriel's commitment to his guardian role sounds intriguing.
Hana Tariku
Favorite Book: Say My Name
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by Hana Tariku »

"Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety" is a suspenseful fantasy novel written by Avalon O'Clair. The story follows Emma Borello, who witnesses her father's murder and enters a witness protection program. However, on her eighteenth birthday, Octavio, the father of the man she testified against, finds her and reveals that he has attracted paranormal creatures to her as a form of punishment. Emma then crosses paths with Benjamin and Chase, Templar Knights who battle against the Illuminati and supernatural beings. Their guardian angel, Ashriel, becomes involved in their fight, and the story unfolds with intense action, vengeance, and romantic tension.

The book features well-developed characters, particularly Benjamin and Chase, who possess contrasting personalities. The plot is filled with unpredictable twists and turns, and the author's focus on the characters' emotions adds a realistic touch. The transitions between different character perspectives are clear, making the storyline easy to follow.

While the book includes angels and demons, it does not adhere to a specific religious framework. The story incorporates graphic violence, explicit scenes, and profanity, which may not be suitable for all readers. However, for adult readers who enjoy slow-burn fantasy romance novels, "Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety" is a professionally edited and engaging read. The book's ending leaves room for a potential sequel, which may be eagerly anticipated by readers. Thank you for the good review.
Sameeha Ismail
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Jane Austen at Home
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sameeha-ismail.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Sameeha Ismail »

After reading your review, I'm intrigued. Color me curious about the whole plot. Thank you.
One book, printed in the heart's own wax Is worth a thousand in the stacks.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: The Mothers
Bookshelf Size: 2401
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

Well, I guess not even the Witness Protection Program can protect you from a supernatural hex. I wonder what the shoes meant...And why would she keep them?
An intriguing review, my friend.
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1663
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda wrote: 28 Sep 2023, 09:45 Well, I guess not even the Witness Protection Program can protect you from a supernatural hex. I wonder what the shoes meant...And why would she keep them?
An intriguing review, my friend.
He gave her the shoes so she could run from the monsters that would be chasing her.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
MercyNdungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercyndungu.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MercyNdungu »

Stephanie Runyon wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 00:41 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Knights of Orion Citadel" by Avalon O'Clair.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Can a curse be a blessing in disguise? What if the curse attracted every paranormal creature wherever you went? In Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety, Emma Borello returns home after a martial arts championship and witnesses her father’s murder. Emma testifies against Vincent Russo and enters a witness protection program. The day she turns eighteen, Vincent’s father, Octavio, finds her. Octavio tells her he sold his soul to a demon for monsters to come for her, but she will suffer and not die. He gave her a pair of designer running shoes.

Benjamin and Chase are Templar Knights who battle against the Illuminati and monsters. Their guardian angel, Ashriel, helped with their fights and was able to help them heal. One evening, Benjamin and Chase enter a building to discover a vampire den with more vampires than they could handle. Meanwhile, Emma had caught sight of the men and followed them. She hid behind a dumpster until the men came back out of the building, surrounded by vampires. Emma joins the fight. When the fight is over, Emma is shot in the back three times. At the hospital, Chase prays for Ashriel to save Emma. Ashriel pronounces, “This woman must die!”

Avalon O’Clair created a story full of vivid detail. The character development is exceptional. Benjamin and Chase are born fighters, but their personalities are extreme opposites. Benjamin was an educated scholar who planned missions. Chase was a man of action who would rush blindly into battle. I was in awe of Ashriel’s compassion for taking his vow as a guardian seriously. I felt sympathy for Emma’s desire to live a normal life.

I have nothing negative to say about this suspenseful fantasy story. The fights against supernatural monsters, vengeance for fallen family members, and tension derived from romantic feelings fill every page. The plot is unpredictable with the multiple twists; however, the storyline is easy to follow. The ending of the book leaves an opening for a sequel that I am eager to read.

I rate Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety five out of five stars. The book is professionally edited, and the story kept me fully engaged. I will admit there were several parts in which I shed tears because O’Clair’s exceptional focus on the feelings of each person felt real. The transitions between character views were clear.

I recommend the book for adult readers who enjoy slow-burn fantasy romance novels. There is a lot of graphic violence, an explicit scene, and profanity that may offend some readers. While the story includes angels and demons, a specific religion isn’t defined.

Knights of Orion Citadel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
It's evident from your post that "Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety" by Avalon O’Clair offers a unique and captivating take on the age-old question of whether a curse can turn into a blessing in disguise. The premise you describe, where a curse draws paranormal creatures to the protagonist, Emma, is both intriguing and suspenseful.

The characters, particularly Benjamin, Chase, and Ashriel, seem to be well-crafted with distinct personalities that add depth to the story. The contrast between Benjamin's scholarly approach and Chase's impulsive nature adds an interesting dynamic to their partnership. Ashriel's dedication as a guardian angel and his role in the narrative's development is also commendable.

Your positive assessment of the book's suspense, action sequences, and emotional depth is a testament to the author's storytelling skills. The fact that you shed tears at various points underscores the emotional connection you formed with the characters, which is a hallmark of excellent character development.

Furthermore, your mention of the book being professionally edited highlights the importance of a well-polished manuscript in delivering an enjoyable reading experience. It's reassuring to know that the transitions between different character viewpoints were clear, making it easier for readers to follow the narrative.

Your recommendation for adult readers who appreciate slow-burn fantasy romance novels is a helpful guideline for potential readers, especially considering the presence of graphic violence, explicit scenes, and profanity. Your anticipation of a sequel speaks to the book's ability to leave readers eager for more, indicating a successful and engaging story.

Overall, your review is comprehensive and insightful, providing potential readers with a clear understanding of what to expect from "Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety." Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences with this book, which is sure to help others decide if it's the right read for them.
Valentine Nyanchama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valentine-nyanchama.html
Latest Review: From Burnout to Belonging by Kimberly Carozzi

Post by Valentine Nyanchama »

This review of "Knights of Orion Citadel: Illusion of Safety" by Avalon O'Clair was fantastic! Your description of the book's premise is intriguing, and it sounds like a special synthesis of paranormal aspects, suspense, and fantasy. I really don't like fantasy but the review gives some nostalgia to want to delve in and get my own tell of the story.
It's a fascinating notion that a curse would cause the protagonist to encounter supernatural beings everywhere she goes. The story is made more thrilling and dangerous by Emma's journey from seeing her father's murder to enrolling in a witness protection program. An exciting action aspect is introduced with the appearance of Benjamin and Chase as Templar Knights engaged in combat with the Illuminati and beasts.
You make excellent points on character development. Characters with different personalities and histories are always an indication of a well-written novel that work well together. The interplay between Chase and Benjamin is captivating, and Ashriel's dedication to his guardian duty sounds intriguing.
Sanjay Rohan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Sanjay Rohan »

What a fascinating story it is! In her debut novel, Avalon O'Clair demonstrates great skill and imagination...the keen dialogue throughout the story is remarkable and realistic to the individual characters; often tongue-in-cheek, slangily humorous, or vulgar as the situation dictates. In short, Knights of Orion Citadel - Illusion of Safety is a resounding success that will ultimately challenge the notoriety of several bestselling novels in the Urban Fantasy categories."
Sanjay Rohan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Sanjay Rohan »

What a fascinating story it is! In her debut novel, Avalon O'Clair demonstrates great skill and imagination...the keen dialogue throughout the story is remarkable and realistic to the individual characters; often tongue-in-cheek, slangily humorous, or vulgar as the situation dictates. In short, Knights of Orion Citadel - Illusion of Safety is a resounding success that will ultimately challenge the notoriety of several bestselling novels in the Urban Fantasy categories."
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

I appreciate the well-structured review. The author's excellent book and its intriguing title have piqued my interest, prompting me to add it to my bookshelf without a doubt.
Prakhar Awasthi
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prakhar-awasthi.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Prakhar Awasthi »

In short, Knights of Orion Citadel is a fantastic adventure that's perfect for everyone. Whether you're a young reader or just young at heart, you'll be swept away by the magic and excitement of this book. Don't miss out on this epic journey
Kelvinna
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvinna.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kelvinna »

The reviewer's critique stands out for me, appreciating both the well-written review, the rating given, and the recommendation provided. I must emphasize the quality of this piece, thoroughly enjoying the content while reading it.
Gladys Maina 5
Currently Reading: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Gladys Maina 5 »

The reviewer gives a detailed reviews which raises my curiosity of reading the book since am a great fan of fantasy books and the creatures. I will definitely add it to my book shelve.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”