Review of Dead Reckoning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cynthia Jo
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Review of Dead Reckoning

Post by Cynthia Jo »

I love how each chapter begins on action, feeling kind of nostalgic because it reminds me of goosebumps and fear street by R.L Stine. Unfortunately the building up of the story lacks of bridging and detail, for example: one of the character easily solved the problem without any process of figuring out, trial and error. The delivery is too upfront, especially on the description of the characters. So it didn't feel like reading a novel, it is much like podcast. But aside from that, great concept! Cheers.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

David K. Hall did an amazing job in writing this book that contains end-time events about selfish leaders and scientists releasing a virus that put man in tension. It must be an interesting read for readers of science fiction books. Congrats on the book of the day.
Favy Chris

Post by Favy Chris »

I have always been pessimistic about zombie books but the way this review was written puts it in a new light . Seems like a book that would capture its readers attention. Well done
Alexander Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Alexander Victoria »

The reviewer highlights the gripping nature of "Dead Reckoning: Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series," praising its ability to captivate readers with its mix of intrigue, action, and suspense, indicating that the narrative keeps readers eagerly turning the pages.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The reviewer's appreciation for the author's efforts in creating a gripping narrative shines through. Their enthusiasm for the characters' depth and development, especially in representing gay characters as strong and multifaceted, adds an extra layer of interest for readers seeking diverse representation.
Phillip Olutosin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phillip-olutosin.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Phillip Olutosin »

Dead Reckoning by David K. Hall is a compelling novel about a zombie apocalypse and the quest for survival by the characters. Congratulations on BOTD.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The review beautifully captures the essence of the book, highlighting its thrilling plot and diverse characters. It makes me curious about the intricate storyline and the intense survival dynamics portrayed in the book.
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

The cover got me thinking it was a Bruce Lee kind of action book. Until I read the review which revealed a kind of Resident Evil plot. The author has done a good job for it to get a perfect rating. It sound interesting enough. Who will survive this kind of anarchy?
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Involuntary Reroute by Robert Laney
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 123%

Post by Martina Sette »

Your review provides a compelling overview of the book, highlighting its intense zombie apocalypse narrative and the depth of character development. However, I'm not interested in reading it because I don't like the topics at all.
Dalvin Ochoro

Post by Dalvin Ochoro »

A battle between mad men and the good guys,wow,to fight a common enemy,the apocalypse, invasion of the zombies is something you can't comprehend or anticipate in real life and this review is just thrilling as it justs give the reader the enthusiasm to find how events will turn out and see who becomes the hero while human race is saved, what an art!
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

From the cover page, the book exudes an air of mystery and excitement, hinting at thrilling adventures and action-packed scenes within its pages.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Alissa Deann Devargas, I just read your comments on the official review of "Dead Reckoning" and I immediately thought of Putin and his threats to attack the world with nuclear weapons. There are many madmen and madwomen in this world that are willing to destroy the world if they do not get their way. While Dead Reckoning is fiction the virus released was supposed to target certain people and not cause a Zombie apocalypse that will wipe out human life. I plan to read the entire book to learn what happens to the main characters. @Mrlefty0706
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 85835
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1341%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

apocalypse selfish leaders and scientists release against function virus that ravages the world i like this book and i will recommend it

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”