Review of Dead Reckoning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Piyush Singh 4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Review of Dead Reckoning

Post by Piyush Singh 4 »

Hmm, your review sounds very interesting. Zombie survival books are exactly my type and I love reading them. The fact that fellow human beings have also become enemies along with zombies for survival makes everything better!
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 609
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Although I don't watch anything or read anything that has Zombies in, I must admit this book sounds very interesting and I'll definitely give it a try, purely cause I now just have to know, who wins this battle in the end. Thanks for a insightful and exciting review. Congrats on BOTD.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

The tension, action, and intrigue in David K. Hall's "Dead Reckoning" kept me turning the pages and turning pages over, eager to see what would happen next. It makes me happy that I read this book. This book receives a five-star rating from me. Science fiction and paranormal fans should also read this book.
sanjeev maurya
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanjeev-maurya.html
Latest Review: Quantitative Research Made Easy by Claude Phiri

Post by sanjeev maurya »

Your review of "Dead Reckoning: Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series" by David K. Hall is compelling and paints a vivid picture of the book's plot and characters. The way you describe the author's attention to detail and character development is enticing, making me eager to dive into the series. I appreciate your insights into how the author portrays gay characters, adding depth and realism to the story. Your recommendation has convinced me to give this series a try, especially as a fan of paranormal and sci-fi genres. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this book!
Sandeep Moses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandeep-moses.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Sandeep Moses »

I wouldn't prefer reading this book when I came to know it revolves around zombies and gay characters. It is not my cup of tea. Hope people who enjoy reading about zombies will love this book. Thanks for the review. Congrats on BOTD!
Smrithi Arun
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Girl On The Train
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smrithi-arun.html
Latest Review: Derrick of Death by Malvina Lerma
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Smrithi Arun »

Dead Reckoning sounds like a great book for those interested in plots involving zombies and survival tropes. Congrats on the BOTD!
Reading is dreaming with open eyes
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: Alice In Dreamland
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: Blood Vengeance by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 110%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"Dead Reckoning: Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series" by David K. Hall sounds like an absolutely gripping and intense ride through a zombie apocalypse! 🧟‍♂️ The way you describe the tension and suspense makes it clear that the author has crafted a compelling story that keeps readers on the edge of their seats. I especially appreciate how the author introduces new major characters and portrays the gay characters as strong and multidimensional, breaking away from stereotypes. It's also commendable how the scientific aspects are explained in a way that feels authentic and engaging. Your glowing review has definitely piqued my interest—I'll be adding this book to my must-read list! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Sakshi A Soni
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-a-soni.html
Latest Review: Unyielding Destiny by Spiros Gratsias (author of Unyielding Destiny)

Post by Sakshi A Soni »

"Dead Reckoning: Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series" by David K. Hall is a gripping tale of survival in the midst of a zombie-infested world brought to chaos by a gain-of-function virus. Through vivid storytelling and well-developed characters, Hall delivers an adrenaline-fueled narrative that keeps readers on the edge of their seats. With a diverse cast and intricate plot twists, the novel explores themes of courage, sacrifice, and the resilience of the human spirit. Hall's attention to detail, especially in his portrayal of scientific concepts, adds depth to the narrative, immersing readers in a world that feels both chillingly real and tantalizingly speculative. This installment surpasses its predecessor, showcasing the author's growth and commitment to delivering a compelling story. With its cinematic potential and unapologetically diverse representation, "Dead Reckoning" earns its place as a must-read for fans of the genre, garnering a well-deserved five-star rating.
:techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:
Lenah Mutuma
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lenah Mutuma »

I have never found a good book about zombies but given your review, i have to check this out since it sounds like a great book. I'll make sure to check the first book of the series first. Thanks for the review.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3049
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I am not a fan of unconventional love and romance, but I find the other aspects of the book intriguing. Indeed, I would love to pore over the book and learn how the human race survived, especially Ryan's role in it, and survival amidst the social breakdown and anarchy. Many thanks for the amazing, informative review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.

Seth Grahame-Smith, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Nothing better than a zombie apocalypse in your free time. From the sample, I felt that the author managed to portray the story well. However, I am going to pass since Zombies felt too cliché. The plot is well worn and predictable enough.
Ni_weh_sesh62
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

Zombies or men, who will remain? One cannot get enough of the clash between zombies and humans if one would like to read about this conflict than may we suggest Dead Reckoning: Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series, by David K. Hall? Please pick up the first book in the series because you will love it. This second book continues the action with some new characters and more of the science of how this came about. There are some very strongly portrayed characters in these books that the reader will enjoy and will come out rooting for their favorites throughout the series. The strength of gay characters was properly portrayed by the author.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I could feel the tension even from just reading the review. I love Sci-fi and wouldn't mind picking this book up! A world where zombies exist doesn't scare me but normal people driven by insanity because they want to survive under harsh conditions does. I wonder what the plan was for the leaders and scientists after the world had been ravaged by the zombies they created. I'd like to read to find out the thought process behind that. I also love that the book has LGBTQIA representation. And that the gay characters aren't written in a cliché way. Congratulations on BOTD.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Dead Reckoning: Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series" by David K. Hall is a thrilling rollercoaster ride of a book, filled with heart-pounding action and suspense. Hall's vivid storytelling and intricate world-building draw readers into a post-apocalyptic world where survival is not guaranteed, and danger lurks around every corner.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

"Dead Reckoning: Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series" is a masterpiece of storytelling by David K. Hall. The vivid descriptions and intense action scenes transport readers to a post-apocalyptic world filled with danger and uncertainty.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”