Review of Dead Reckoning

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Re: Review of Dead Reckoning

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. This is an informative and insightful review. The book is recommended to lovers of paranormal and sci-fi stories. The content is intriguing and is full of action and suspense. This is about a zombie apocalypse.
CHANTAL EWING
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chantal-ewing.html
Latest Review: Unsilenced by Martins Agbonlahor

Post by CHANTAL EWING »

‪A page turner book that keeps you wondering how it’s going to turn out. It’s full of intrigue, action, and suspense that will keep you hooked till the very end. This is the second book in the series and it keeps you wanting to read more to find out the final outcome.‬
Manisha Bhanushali
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Manisha Bhanushali »

This review perfectly captures the essence of the book. It praises the thrilling storyline, diverse characters, and positive portrayal of gay characters, making it a heartfelt recommendation for a wide audience.
Malleswararao Dasari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malleswararao-dasari.html
Latest Review: At Vitoria by Marcia Riman Selz

Post by Malleswararao Dasari »

I loved how the author explored different character reactions to the zombie outbreak, adding depth to the story. The introduction of new major characters enhanced the narrative, making the second book feel like a significant step forward in the series. Overall, a thrilling and engaging read!
Ika Apro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ika Apro »

I don't like stories about zombies, as they make me feel uncomfortable for the future. However, this book seems to be well-worked on and I know many people would love to see how the characters deal with zombies and humans.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

"Dead Reckoning: Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series" by David K is a gripping zombie apocalypse tale filled with suspense and action. The story follows Ryan and his group as they navigate a world destroyed by a deadly virus and face not only zombies but also dangerous humans. It's a must-read for fans of apocalyptic thrillers. Congrats on BOTD!
Lorna Philip Enslin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

Thank you for the well-written review. This book is about a zombie apocalypse. Selfish leaders and scientists release a gain-of-function virus that ravages the world, putting the world in a state of anarchy and emergency. Congrats on #BOTD.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Dead Reckoning” by David K. Hall (Book Two of The Nights of the Apocalypse Series) is an exciting action thriller that will keep readers on the edge of their seat until the last page. This book is about a zombie apocalypse that ravages the world after leaders released a virus that is a gain-of-function that puts the world into a state of anarchy. To survive, humans have to kill people and zombies. Readers will learn about scientific experiments that created zombies and other experiments needed to save mankind. The sample is focused on Kio, his friends, his training and his New Years Eve party that is attacked by zombies. I want to read the book and also read book one. A very good review.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

I'm not surprised that the human race could go into such anarchy as described in this fictional story. Will Ryan and his loved ones survive such a world that has life-threatening situations caused by humans and zombies alike?
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

Why would leaders and scientists release a virus that destroys the world? It's so selfish. Congrats on the author.
Yvonne Oloo
Currently Reading: Angel Falling
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-oloo.html
Latest Review: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking) by Elizabeth Moore Kraus

Post by Yvonne Oloo »

Thank you for the great review. Wow, this book reminds me so much of the movie "World War Z", especially since it contains a virus, zombies, and the fight for survival. Unlike World War Z this one shows where the problem started from, which I really like since I'm a huge fan of science and scientific experiments. This is one book I'm definitely looking forward to reading, since I have a copy.
Ramadevi Tatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ramadevi-tatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Ramadevi Tatavarthi »

Wow, this review really paints a vivid picture of the chaos in "Dead Reckoning." The mix of zombies and ruthless survivors sounds intense. I appreciate how it highlights the tension and stakes of survival. It seems like a thrilling read, perfect for anyone who enjoys action-packed stories with a dystopian twist. I'm definitely intrigued and curious to check it out!
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

Dead Reckoning is a beautiful, mystery-filled zombie thriller. It is a mixture of the zombie apocalypse, sciences, greed, horror and many other themes that combines to make this book lovely. Congratulations on BOTD.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book delivers a thrilling narrative that delves deep into the chaos of a zombie apocalypse, weaving together elements of suspense, action, and human survival instincts. The author's meticulous attention to detail, especially in portraying the diverse range of characters and their reactions to the unfolding crisis, adds layers of complexity to the storyline, keeping readers on the edge of their seats throughout. Nice review.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

A book about zombie apocalypse in a country filled with selfish leaders and scientist and men fighting for their lives. Its amazing how the author demonstrated that the gay people can also be masculine, not necessarily sissy. Congrats for being the #botd.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”