Review of EMA

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinenye Sus
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Brian, Created Intelligence by AJ Pagan IV

Review of EMA

Post by Chinenye Sus »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "EMA" by Aian D. Grey.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Some books stand out because they take us on exciting journeys filled with big ideas and important questions. EMA by Aian D. Grey is one such book. It happens in a future where the Earth is hot and there are smart robots trying to help.

The story unfolds in the summer of 2084, a world plagued by relentless heatwaves due to climate change. It follows the journey of Jason, an admirer of technological pioneers like Elon Musk and Steve Jobs, who attends a conference by billionaire Damien Minsky, the creator of EMA, a sophisticated AI designed to address the environmental crisis. Jason's encounter with Lidia, a skeptic of Minsky's AI, leads him to a deeper exploration of EMA and its role in combating environmental challenges. As the plot thickens, a series of events, including a mysterious explosion and cyberattacks, reveal a dark conspiracy involving EMA. Jason, Lidia, and others must work together to stop whatever threat there is to the world.

I love how the environments in the book were created. The depiction of a world gripped by climate change and the emergence of AI as a potential savior is extraordinary. Jason's evolution from a starry-eyed admirer of technological innovators to a critical thinker willing to question the consequences of AI showcases the author’s superb thinking. Lidia's skepticism and her association with Möbius add thrills to the story. The story's exploration of ethical dilemmas and the consequences of AI's unchecked power is commendable. It allowed me to ponder the role of technology in addressing environmental issues and the potential risks associated with placing too much faith in AI solutions. This thematic depth elevates the narrative, making it more than just a science fiction story but a reflection on contemporary concerns.

I did not like how the middle of the storyline of the book felt rushed. Additionally, the story's transition back and forth from the initial focus on AI and climate change to the introduction of cyberattacks and conspiracy elements, while intriguing, required a smoother integration to maintain coherence.

EMA by Aian D. Grey was exceptionally edited. I did not find any errors. I loved the characters in the book and also the way the book talked about environmental issues, so I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this story to readers who enjoy science fiction with a focus on environmental issues and advanced technology.

EMA
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Stephen Pokoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-pokoo.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Stephen Pokoo »

Myself and others will undoubtedly be motivated by your words to discover the beauty of this book. Cheers.
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Alexander Victoria »

Your review of 'EMA' by Aian D. Grey beautifully encapsulates the intriguing and thought-provoking nature of this futuristic tale. It's a compelling narrative set in a not-so-distant future, grappling with pressing issues like climate change and advanced artificial intelligence. The vivid description of the storyline and its characters immediately drew me in, especially Jason's journey and his exploration of EMA, a promising but enigmatic AI. The clash of perspectives between Jason and Lidia adds depth to the narrative, and the mysterious events and conspiracy elements promise an exhilarating plot. I can't wait to dive into this captivating journey of big ideas and important questions. Thank you for sharing your insights on such an exciting book!"
Miracle Oge Adaeze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-oge-adaeze.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by Miracle Oge Adaeze »

This book address contemporary issues that many readers can relate to. The issue of climate change and the rapid emergence of AI is a contemporary topic. Thank you for the review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by NetMassimo »

Climate change and artificial intelligence are themes important today, so I can only imagine how important they'll be 60 years in the future. That makes me intrigued about this novel. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Gee-Q Mdluli
Currently Reading: Adventures of Uncle Billy and Ross
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gee-q-mdluli.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Gee-Q Mdluli »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the book. I've never read it, and looking at the awesome cover, I wondered what it could be about. Your review has convinced me to check it out. Thanks again for your insight.
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

The infusion of AI into resolving environmental issues is intriguing. It gives a fair share of what to expect in our world as AI is programmed to do more each day. This review is great, and congratulations to the author for such a masterpiece.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

We are slowly heading into a world controlled by AI and they will soon dominate the world. Climate change is also inevitable and it has been a concern by many for many years now. 2084 is far but we shall soon reach that year and such a futuristic book is giving us ideas of what will happen in those years. I would love to read this book to know what happens in 2084 as told by the author. Congratulations on making the book of the day
Sia_young
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading: The Red Movement
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-young.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos
fav_author_id: 2719
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Sia_young »

I read the review and was convinced to give this book a try. The story happens in the summer of 2084?? I can't imagine what that would feel like. I also love that the book talks about environmental issues.
Can't wait to explore more!! And congratulations to the author on BOTD.
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Exodus by Jean Hackensmith

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

We meet Jason, an enthusiastic proponent of leaders in this new Ai society. Metaverse is computerised way of ‘taking a break from reality’ where everything is possible. This book is a scary and very real delve into our future.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I like it when books draw attention to environmental issues as long as the issues themselves are not described in a science-fiction way. It is very real. I fail to see how AI can help with the issues and a threat against the world. I am sure the author will surprise me with his ideas on this.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am sure I will not be around to witness EMA's environmental corrections. We are currently experiencing super hot days in the Philippines. So I can imagine what might happen if we fail to address our environmental issues.
MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-ugochi-asogwa.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA »

The vivid depiction of a world ravaged by climate change and the emergence of AI as a solution presents a thought-provoking and timely setting for the story. Nice review.
Uma gupta
Currently Reading: Broken Faith
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uma-gupta.html
Latest Review: A Place Under the Sun by Luis Urtueta
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 31%

Post by Uma gupta »

The review of "EMA" by Aian D. Grey offers insight into its thematic depth, with praise for its depiction of climate change and AI's role. The critique of pacing and integration adds balance.
Maxmilla Njeri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maxmilla-njeri.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Maxmilla Njeri »

The review is well written. It creates an interest to read the book and experience it. The combination of AI and environment is simply an amazing idea. Would surely love to try reading "EMA"
Last edited by Maxmilla Njeri on 08 Apr 2024, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”