Review of EMA

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Re: Review of EMA

Post by Gerry Steen »

This book as described by the review is intriguing. 2084 is not so far away. The global warming issues will be more prevalent as will the use AI. The plot includes cyber attacks and explosions. A tech nerd and an anarchist environmentalist will both be involved in saving the day. Great review! I want this book. :techie-studyinggray:
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Illusion of Superiority by Christopher Joseph

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"EMA" seems like an intriguing blend of science fiction and environmental themes. The idea of an AI monitoring ecological consequences in a future world captivates me, especially against the backdrop of cyberpirates and a total eclipse. The review's praise for its exploration of big ideas has definitely piqued my interest.
Kirui Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirui-collins.html
Latest Review: Zen and the Art of Writing by Ray Hodgson

Post by Kirui Collins »

I look forward to when everything will be done by Artificial Intelligence. Congrats!
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

Nice review and clean information from the inside I would love to read this book and read out more about what the climate changes in the book stand for and how AI plays its role in The Book congratulation on your botd
Sembbapperuma Silva
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sembbapperuma Silva »

"EMA" by Aian D. Grey dives into science fiction with a thought-provoking blend of environmental crisis and the potential of artificial intelligence.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

Thank you for an interesting and thorough review of *EMA* by Aian D. Grey! This story, set 60 years in the future May hold some ideas for us now about what AI can do and what we need to do right now for our environment.
I find it difficult to understand how the 5 out of 5 star rating came about with the middle portion feeling ‘rushed’ and therefore obviously leaving something missing from the heart of the story. Perhaps that missing bit will be forthcoming in an edit or even in a sequel.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Singh Wolf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-wolf.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Singh Wolf »

What a thought-provoking and thrilling journey EMA by Aian D. Grey has taken me on! The premise of a world grappling with the effects of climate change and the potential of AI to be its savior is both timely and extraordinary. I found myself deeply engaged in Jason's evolution from a starry-eyed admirer of technological innovators to a critical thinker, unafraid to question the consequences of AI.

Lidia's skepticism and her association with Möbius added an exciting layer to the story, and I enjoyed the exploration of ethical dilemmas and the potential risks associated with AI's unchecked power. This thematic depth elevated the narrative, making it more than just a science fiction story but a reflection on contemporary concerns.

While I did feel that the middle of the storyline felt a bit rushed, and the transition between the initial focus on AI and climate change to cyberattacks and conspiracy elements could have been smoother, I was impressed by the exceptional editing and the well-developed characters.

Overall, I highly recommend EMA to readers who enjoy science fiction with a focus on environmental issues and advanced technology. I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars for its engaging storyline, timely themes, and exceptional writing. Bravo, Aian D. Grey!
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the book. I've never read it, and looking at the awesome cover, I wondered what it could be about. Your review has convinced me to check it out. Thanks again for your insight.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 652
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 62%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“EMA” by Aian D. Grey is a sci-fi story that takes place in 2084 when the world is experiencing constant heatwaves due to climate change. The story follows Jason a man that admires technological pioneers like Jobs and Musk. He attends a conference sponsored by Damien Minsky, the creator of EMA, an AI that was designed to focus on the environmental crisis. He meets Lidia, a woman that questions the effectiveness of Minsky’s AI creation and causes him to conduct deeper research into EMA’s role in solving environmental challenges. Cyberattacks and explosions uncover a conspiracy that forces Jason, Lidia and others to work together to stop the threats. EMA is an incredible system that was designed to help humanity. I have added this book to my to-read shelf since I am intrigued by this creation and I hope something like EMA is developed within the next 20 years since climate change is here and getting stronger every day.
Ekassiba Ochuku
Currently Reading: Journeying with God in the Wilderness: A 40 Day Lent Devotional Through the Book of Numbers
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekassiba-ochuku.html
Latest Review: Surviving The Mental Health Jungle by Patrice Shavone Brown

Post by Ekassiba Ochuku »

Thank you for this informative book. It's good to know what happens in your environment and how take better care of it for sustainability. This book is helpful address climate change, an environmental factors that many readers can relate to. Climate change and the rapid emergence of AI are issues to that people are supposed to have knowledge about. Thank you for the great review review.
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Abraham Ozo »

EMA by Aian D. Grey talked on the consequences of AI's unchecked power, the role of technology in addressing environmental issues and the potential risks of solely depending on AI. Congratulations on BOTD.
Osvaldo Borghese
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osvaldo-borghese.html
Latest Review: The Red Movement by Shadan Kapri
fav_author_id: 26410
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Osvaldo Borghese »

Ema” by Aian D. Grey is a thought-provoking novel set in the year 2084, presenting a vivid portrayal of a future Earth impacted by climate change. A very interesting book to read.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Beating Death: Doorways to The Universe by Sean O’Banion

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Aian D. Grey's 'EMA' is a thought-provoking and gripping tale set in a future where climate change and advanced AI collide. Grey masterfully crafts a world filled with intrigue and suspense, drawing readers into a thrilling journey alongside characters like Jason and Lidia.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Post by Seamstress »

Normally, Sci-Fi/Fantasy is not my cup of tea, but in the current case I will have to make an exception, because I am very interested in all possible ways to resolve environmental issues. Even fantastical and far-fetched at least offer a glimpse at how bad things could progress if we continue putting them aside. Congrats with BOTD!
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT: Mastering AI Conversations for Beginners by Malcolm Oppenheimer

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

EMA sounds like a fascinating journey into the future! The review paints a vivid picture of a world grappling with climate change and the emergence of AI. I'm intrigued by Jason's transformation and the ethical dilemmas surrounding AI's unchecked power.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”