Review of EMA

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priyanka Mahendra singh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
2024 Reading Goal: 45
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Review of EMA

Post by Priyanka Mahendra singh »

As soon as I read the review of this plot , the way it portrays the series of events drew me in.Even though it is a typical American extraterrestrial (In-universe perspective) film kind of a book, still it covers many things that today's world faces.
When books like this are made into movies become blockbuster hits.Excited to taste the full pulp of this Yummy fruit. :) :D :D
Mfon Ukim
Currently Reading: Popop's Grimoire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mfon Ukim »

EMA' by Aian D. Grey from my understanding of the review is a great book and beautifully written. AI is becoming a prominent part of our lives and will only take on more challenges as the years roll by.
Nuru Menene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominic-emezuru.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Nuru Menene »

The book introduces readers to the charismatic billionaire Damien Minsky, the visionary creator behind the world's most advanced artificial intelligence system, EMA. This cutting-edge AI was designed by Minsky to autonomously govern a green and resilient economic framework for the benefit of humanity. The storytelling paints a captivating portrait of Minsky - a brilliant, driven entrepreneur whose ambition and innovative spirit led to the development of EMA. This sophisticated AI is depicted as a technological marvel, tasked with overseeing an economic system centered on sustainability and resilience, rather than unbridled growth and consumption.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: Books of Being by Retsim Laudividni

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

The review provided valuable insights. The plot appears engaging, featuring environmental challenges and the use of AI to address them. I'm excited to explore the book further and learn more about Jason, Lidia, and their efforts to overcome these challenges. Congratulations on BOTD!
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 483
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for your informational review. I'm so glad you liked it. It was very suspenseful and that is from a person that doesn't care for science fiction. It was written very well. I'm also glad it was edited so well too. I'm sure those that like this genre will enjoy it very much, but I believe I will pass on it.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

Artificial intelligence and climate change, two of today's hottest topics, are the themes that are blended together in Aian D. Grey's technothriller, EMA. Set in the near future, Jason Webb gets immersed in a Metaverse battle between megalomaniacs and cyberpirates. This compelling plot sounds perfect for science fiction adventure fans. Terrific book review!
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

I like how the author interweaves a story touching on climate change with the emergence of smart robots. However, I think the industrial production of such robots may be exacerbating the problem of climate crisis through environmental pollution. Thanks for the review.
Anna Schwartz Van Plijmen
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading: As The Secrets Turn
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Anna Schwartz Van Plijmen »

The year is 2048. Jason Webb is walking to a conference of Minskey, that according to him, is going to save the world from a climate disaster. He meets Lydia, a revolutionare fighter against Minskey.

This book is a great wake-up call for us to do something to protect our planet before a future of climate destruction and great technology improves.

It is written fluently and brings us the future glance as obvious as it can be.

I love it.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I'm not one to gravitate toward books that take place in the future because they always have this dystopian take on Earth's future. My thoughts on this one is different. I'm loving the environmental talking point of this story. I cannot wait to follow Jason on this journey of uncovering the truth.
azza lia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azza-lia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by azza lia »

A futuristic tale that blending climate change and AI. Seems like an extraordinary exploration into an exciting journeys. The themes stand out because they adressed the contoversial ideas and important questions. The review provides a wonderful description of this intriguing plot. Well done.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

It's great that the author wove this sci-fi based on real-life themes such as AI and environmental issues. I wonder how Jason and co will resolve these issues. I'll definitely check out this book.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 613
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I'm not someone that like sci-fi books much, but this one sounds very interesting. The use of AI and climate change in the book, makes it realistic and maybe give us a possible glimpse of what to expect as the years go by.
Thanks for a great review.
Congrats on BOTD.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"EMA" by Aian D. Grey is a captivating science fiction tale set in a future ravaged by climate change and driven by advanced AI technology. Jason's journey from tech enthusiast to critical thinker, alongside Lidia's skepticism and a thrilling conspiracy, offers a thought-provoking exploration of environmental dilemmas and the consequences of AI's power.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

The review is helpful as it highlights the book's strengths and weaknesses. It provides sufficient information for readers to make an informed decision. The positive aspects and thematic depth mentioned may motivate potential buyers. From the reviewer's perspective, the book appears to be a valuable addition to anyone's library, particularly for those interested in science fiction, environmental issues, and advanced technology.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

A fascinating exploration of the intricacies of human emotion and the strength of resistance can be found in "EMA" by Aian D. Grey. In a riveting story that explores themes of love, grief, and self-discovery while going deeply inside the protagonist's head, Grey skillfully puts together a tale. Readers are submerged in Ema's world by the lyrical words and striking imagery, which authentically depict her trials and victories. "EMA" is an emotionally stirring novel that stays with the reader long after the last page because of its deep character development and moving narrative. The enduring power of the human spirit is demonstrated in Grey's book. With five stars, that's my rating.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”