Review of Cosmic Convergence

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Inspirational Love by Vernon John Sinnott

Review of Cosmic Convergence

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cosmic Convergence" by Edwin Francisca.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Humans tend to be more united when faced with a threat; a typical example was during the COVID-19 pandemic, when people were able to bring together ideas to help mitigate the spread of the virus. We wouldn’t have reduced the pandemic in a chaotic state, but rather by coming together, understanding how this virus operates, and placing measures to help reduce the spread. The book Cosmic Convergence by Edwin Francisca tells the story of how humans came together to fight against the extraterrestrial threat.

The island of Paradise had a rich cultural heritage and was very habitable, owing to the bonds shared by community members. There are a lot of positives to say about the island of Paradise, but it can also be perfect and have its challenges. Winchi, a boy who grew up on the island of Paradise, had lots of dreams and talent. He was determined to create a better future. His parents were solidly behind him and were nice people. One day, Winchi was engrossed in his work when he heard a loud noise. He went out to discover that it was a spaceship. He found two bodies, one of which was lifeless, and when he grasped the hands of the surviving extraterrestrial energy, it flowed to him, and he received a lot of information that he was going to become the king of the universe and also defend Earth from the invasion. This information triggered every concerned body—scientists, governments, residents, etc.—to swift action. How would Winchi be able to defend Earth? Grab a copy.

This is an engrossing read. It's been a long time since I was so absorbed in a read, and this one was different. It was very easy to relate to this book because certain times we have been faced with a threat, and the response humans have towards these threats is a very active one, just like it was on the island of Paradise. Winchi was a very interesting character for me in this book. I was able to get a picture of the kind of person who always wants to be different, stands up for what’s right, and protects his people. He was a key person defending the earth, and I loved how he was going about it. His character was well-developed, with no conflict or ambiguity. The book was entirely organized, had a very simple story-line, and was written in very simple English. The descriptions in the book were vivid, and you could get a good picture of what the author was talking about. I didn’t come across any errors; it shows that the book was properly edited.

I was intrigued by this read, and throughout my reading process, I didn’t find anything to dislike; everything was detailed. Therefore, I will rate this book five out of five stars. I would also recommend this book to lovers of science fiction.

Cosmic Convergence
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

How? Winchi has a lot of things to worry about without the pressure from all of the officials. Thanks!
Helena Kas
Currently Reading: Lady Chatterley's Lover
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Helena Kas »

Sci-fi genre is one of my favourites. Might give it a try. Thank you for your honest review!
adambenkhou
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by adambenkhou »

I would probably want to read this book because of the wisdom offered by Sun Bin; nuggets of wisdom are some of my favorite things to read. Congrats on BOTD!
Last edited by adambenkhou on 11 Nov 2023, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

The idea of Winchi becoming the king of the universe and having to defend the Earth makes me curious about this novel. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: When Your Partner Dies by Millard Hiner

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

Edwin Francisca's 'Cosmic Convergence' weaves an engaging tale of unity in the face of an extraterrestrial threat. Winchi's journey to defend Earth captivates with vivid descriptions and a well-developed plot. An enthralling read for science fiction enthusiasts.
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

This book sounds interesting to read. I'm looking forward to reading it. The story line or plot seems to be filled with suspense. Your review has done justice in breaking down the qualities of this book.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

I love the book cover especially the book title. I can't wait to read this book. The plot already seem great from your review. Kudos.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”