Review of A Discovery of Time and Space

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Review of A Discovery of Time and Space

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Discovery of Time and Space" by Lesley L Smith.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"A Discovery of Time and Space" by Lesley L. Smith is an exciting science fiction novel that expertly and effortlessly portrays the elements of a peak science book and elements of a peak fiction novel.

The book focuses on a seemingly normal twenty-something-year-old female student at the University of Colorado with ADHD, Tiffani. After mysteriously waking up on a crosswalk on a Monday and somehow being saved from a car that nearly ran over her by a grey-haired woman who strangely resembles her, Tiffani's life takes an unexpected turn as she discovers she has the rare ability to travel through both time and space. With a huge load of questions and someone trying to kill her, Tiffani must find answers to her questions and learn to control her powers while trying to protect herself and the ones she loves from impending danger.

One of the numerous notable strengths of the book lies in the author's very detailed plot. The author showcased a god-level knowledge of time and time travel as he ensured that the book had no loopholes involving time travel. An excellent example is the concept of the future self meeting the present self just before the present self travels to the future. This ensures a harmonious storyline without a break in the story. Another reason I liked the book was the author's decision to include some funny made-up words, which are usually combinations of known words (a perfect example is "nexted," which is a combination of nervous and texting, "nervously texted"). This helped ease the tension and added elements of humour to the story. I also like the author's choice of vocabulary, as the book was written with simple, comprehensible words, avoiding too much scientific jargon. The author made it easier for non-science-affiliated readers to enjoy.

I found myself without a dislike for the book, nor did I notice any weaknesses within the book. Though I did find some minor grammatical and typographical errors, they weren't significant enough to disrupt my reading experience.

Overall, I'd rate the book 5 out of 5 stars for its flawless plot and the author's perfect choice of vocabulary.

I'd recommend the book to every single reader who enjoys science fiction novels, as I personally consider this one of the best science fiction novels I've come across.

A Discovery of Time and Space
View: on Bookshelves
Jatto Onimisi
Currently Reading: Shitolian
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jatto-onimisi.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Jatto Onimisi »

Wow, what a detailed review. I could imagine the depth of fulfilment you got from your reading. This is a worthy sci-fi read for me too. Thanks.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

This sci-fi gem seamlessly blends intricate time travel concepts with a gripping plot. A 5-star journey through time and space, recommended for both sci-fi enthusiasts and those new to the genre.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 50%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm curious about Tiffani's story, particularly regarding her powers, which seem to be part of a bigger, well-written, story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: 5 Systems of Successful People by Scotty Schindler

Post by Rob Carr »

Sounds like an interesting read. Thank you for the review!
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
Cara Wilding
Favorite Book: Sierra Six
Currently Reading: Global Vice
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-wilding.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Cara Wilding »

Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca wrote: 09 Nov 2023, 15:19 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Discovery of Time and Space" by Lesley L Smith.]

The book focuses on a seemingly normal twenty-something-year-old female student at the University of Colorado with ADHD, Tiffani. After mysteriously waking up on a crosswalk on a Monday and somehow being saved from a car that nearly ran over her by a grey-haired woman who strangely resembles her, Tiffani's life takes an unexpected turn as she discovers she has the rare ability to travel through both time and space. With a huge load of questions and someone trying to kill her, Tiffani must find answers to her questions and learn to control her powers while trying to protect herself and the ones she loves from impending danger.

One of the numerous notable strengths of the book lies in the author's very detailed plot. The author showcased a god-level knowledge of time and time travel as he ensured that the book had no loopholes involving time travel. An excellent example is the concept of the future self meeting the present self just before the present self travels to the future. This ensures a harmonious storyline without a break in the story. Another reason I liked the book was the author's decision to include some funny made-up words, which are usually combinations of known words (a perfect example is "nexted," which is a combination of nervous and texting, "nervously texted"). This helped ease the tension and added elements of humour to the story. I also like the author's choice of vocabulary, as the book was written with simple, comprehensible words, avoiding too much scientific jargon. The author made it easier for non-science-affiliated readers to enjoy.
Wow, high praise for this book! The time travel element is always fun, but the humor you mentioned in your review is probably the biggest draw for me! I'm always on the look out for authors with a sense of humor. After reading a ton of non-fiction books, I'm always in need of some levity to balance my reading schedule. This book sounds like it would meet my needs. I love the made-up words, and can easily see how this would provide some levity. I truly enjoyed reading your review and look forward to reading more from you! Until next time...
:tiphat:
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I like that this science fictional book incorporates the psychological issue of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in its storyline with a female student at the University of Colorado, Tiffani, as the lead. Thanks for the review.
Shanesha Sammerson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 242
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanesha-sammerson.html
Latest Review: Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You by kewayne Wadley

Post by Shanesha Sammerson »

Thank you for your insightful review of "AGENDA 2060 Book Two"! It sounds like A. I. Fabler has created a truly thought-provoking and intellectually stimulating narrative that explores complex themes with depth and nuance. The philosophical discussions and the dynamic between the characters, especially Jordan and Artie, seem particularly intriguing. While the romantic subplot didn't resonate with you, it's great to hear that the overall editing and quality of the work are commendable. I'll definitely add this book to my reading list! 📚
Ekassiba Ochuku
Currently Reading: Journeying with God in the Wilderness: A 40 Day Lent Devotional Through the Book of Numbers
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekassiba-ochuku.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Ekassiba Ochuku »

"A Discovery of Time and Space" by Lesley L Smith" seems to be an interesting science-fiction novel. Sometimes the experiences we go through in life greatly changes our behavior and how we view things around us. I am interested to read the book and know Tiffani's story with a better understanding. Thank you for a great review
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review beautifully captures the essence of "A Discovery of Time and Space" by Lesley L. Smith. The detailed analysis of the plot's intricacies, the praise for the author's mastery of time travel concepts, and the appreciation for the inclusion of humor and accessible vocabulary all provide valuable insights for potential readers. Your enthusiasm for the book shines through, and your recommendation will surely inspire others to pick up this captivating science fiction novel. Well done!
Shiru Elizabeth
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Lethal Melodies by Abdulilah Hamadi

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

This science fiction masterpiece deftly combines a compelling storyline with complex time travel themes. A five-star voyage beyond space and time, ideal for fans of science fiction as well as newcomers. Congrats on BOTD.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

Based on the review mentioned above, I noticed that the reader will have a satisfying reading experience because of the well-written, intricate narrative and humorous undertones. As the reviewer pointed out, science fiction is always a package of many energies and powers, so it's a good idea to exercise some creative license. For a better understanding, the author included all necessary information and details in writing.
Chitra Ayengar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chitra-ayengar.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Chitra Ayengar »

The book focuses on a female Tiffani who has the ability to travel through time and space. Tiffani must learn to control her power and figure out who is trying to kill her. Her life changes once she discovers her ability because of which her family is also in danger. Ideal for sci-fi lovers.
Haula Namutebi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Haula Namutebi »

Thanks for sharing such a lively review. Even with some small mistakes, the book's overall quality shines through, showing how strong the story and writing are. Your 5-star rating shows how much you loved it, making it a must-read for sci-fi fans. Discovery of Time and Space" sounds like a thrilling adventure with Tiffani, a character we can all relate to facing unexpected challenges. The way the author handles time travel in the plot without any confusing parts keeps readers engaged. The added humor with made-up words makes the story fun, balancing the serious moments. Plus, the author's use of easy-to-understand words makes the sci-fi parts clear for everyone.
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

After mysteriously waking up on a crosswalk on a Monday and somehow being saved from a car that nearly ran over her by a grey-haired woman who strangely resembles her, Tiffani's life takes an unexpected turn as she discovers she has the rare ability to travel through both time and space. With a huge load of questions and someone trying to kill her, Tiffani must find answers to her questions and learn to control her powers while trying to protect herself and the ones she loves from impending danger.
- Tiffani is an ADHD person, which means we, or her loved ones should protect her, not vice versa. Also if she has special powers, she needs to learn to control, it's going to be even more difficult. So I'm Intrigued to know how she will pull it off. Thank you for an excellent review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”