Review of A Discovery of Time and Space

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Re: Review of A Discovery of Time and Space

Post by Marissa Michael »

Tiffani unknowingly have powers to travel through time and space. Im curious on how Tiffani is going to master her powers. If you're into science fiction, this book is for you.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 239
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

The narrative sounds amazing. The idea of time travel can be quite intriguing due to the multitude of ways one might alter history with a single alteration to a single event. For time travel to work and for the main character to stay focused on her objectives, she needs a very strong personality.
Azi Joseph
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azi-joseph.html
Latest Review: Living a Life in Balance by Abdullah Boulad

Post by Azi Joseph »

"A Discovery of Time and Space" by Lesley L. Smith Thanks for this perfect review I love it, the book is about a twenty-something-year-old student from the University of Colorado. The author put more effort into making it easier for science readers to enjoy the book from that I have found the book more interesting to read, I like reading fiction books about anything but I give this one a try congratulations on your BOTD
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

I’m a huge fan of the movie “Jumper”, the premise of this story is giving me that same feeling. I cannot wait to hop onto this action-packed ride through time and space with Tiffani. Congrats to the author for having the BOTD.
Okafor Angel
Currently Reading: The Fish House
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-angel.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Okafor Angel »

This book looks like it's going to be very intriguing with the review. I love books on suspense and mystery and I also love the plot in this book. I can't wait to dive in. Congrats on being book of the day!
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

This sounds like an interesting convept. I'd love to read how Tiffani will learn to control her powers. Congrats on BOTD to the author. What an excellent detailed review.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Hy Be »

Nice review. "A Discovery of Time and Space" by Lesley L Smith revolves around Tiffani, an ADHD person who possess special powers of traveling between time and space. The author creatively weaved science, introspection, self-discovery themes in this book.
Rahul Singh 29
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

"A Discovery of Time and Space" is a captivating science fiction novel that seamlessly blends intricate time travel concepts with engaging storytelling. Congratulations to the author #BOTD!
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Lesley L. Smith's science fiction and fantasy novel "A Discovery of Time and Space" is an engrossing read. Smith skillfully weaves together complicated scientific ideas with vivid storytelling to create a gripping story that delves into the intricacies of time travel and parallel universes. The characters are believable and well-developed, engrossing readers in their challenges and victories as they negotiate the complexities of space and time. Readers will be drawn into an immersive reading experience and be left wondering about the secrets of the universe long after they've turned the last page, thanks to Smith's evocative prose and creative world-building. This is a must-read for speculative fiction enthusiasts.
Do Thi Huong
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-do-thi-huong.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Do Thi Huong »

The concept of travelling through time and space is intriguing. And I like the added touch of humor in the book too. Thank you for your insightful review.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

Thank you for the excellent and thorough review of "A Discovery of Time and Space" by Lesley L Smith! It seems this is an excellent and well developed science fiction story. There also sounds like there is a possibility that this could become a series. Time travel and space travel combined are thought provoking subjects and if handled well can make for some highly entertaining reading. When Tiffani meets a gray-haired lady that somehow looks like her we start to see that in this book the future and present self can meet each other without untoward consequences.
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3055
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Is the woman that saved Tiffani from possible death her future self? I cannot imagine how confusing it must have been for Tiffani to discover that she had supernatural powers and that she could travel through time and space. The plot sounds fascinating and I cannot wait to see the threats that she has to deal. Many thanks for the review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Latest Review: Arc by M. E. Lange
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 353

Post by Tars »

Oh, the book sounds right up my alley, exactly the storyline I like most - strange and totally scientific instead of supernaturally demonic, which has become a trend in recent years. Time travel is a fascinating concept and leads to numerous interesting twists, so I am definitely going to appreciate the gift of your free book! Thank you and congratulations on BOTD!
byrondsouza
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by byrondsouza »

"A Discovery of Time and Space" is a science fiction novel by Lesley L. Smith. The story revolves around Tiffani, whose life takes a sudden turn when she wakes up on the sidewalk, and someone tries to run over her. While she is unsure if it was a dream or if she had been sleepwalking, strange things continue to happen to her as she travels back and forth in time. If you want to know how Tiffani deals with these events, you should definitely read this book. Congratulations on being the BOTD!
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 647
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 61%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“A Discovery of Time and Space” by Lesley L. Smith is an action filled sci-fi novel that blends a peak science book with a peak fiction novel. Tiffani, a 20-something University of Colorado student with ADHD is the primary character. The story begins with Tiffani waking up on a crosswalk on a Monday and is being saved from a car that nearly ran her over and the driver was a grey-haired woman that strangely looked like her. She went to class and then performed her RA duties with Rory and had to write up the residents of a room on the top floor for refusing to turn down their music. A few days later Tiffani discovers that she has the ability to travel through both time and space. She also learns that someone is trying to kill her and she needs to learn how to control her new found powers so that she can protect herself and her loved ones. The official reviewer stated that Tiffani has a god-level knowledge of time travel which explains how her future self meets her present self just before she travels to the future. The author included humor to create funny made-up words that combined two existing words to reduce the tension in the story. He also refrained from using complicated scientific words that would the reader. Based on the sample and the official review I would highly recommend this book and I have added it to my to-read shelf.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”