Review of Exodus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Seamstress
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85

Re: Review of Exodus

Post by Seamstress »

Even though these types of stories aren't usually my cup of tea, no one can argue that they make spectacular movies. Never before tried to read catastrophe instead of watching and something in the description prompts me to give it a try. Thanks for bringing it to my attention and congratulations!
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by grace ruhara »

I kept wondering why what I would do if the world indeed did end in five years.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

I would want to know a lot about this book. First, who is Ulysses and how was the date made known to him or her. I would have to read Exodus by Jean Hackensmith to know. Nice review!
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Leia Temple »

I love books with accurate scientific information. It makes the story more feasible and adds dimension to the plot. Thanks for the comprehensive review.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 609
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

I will give this book a chance as the author has made it easy for readers with no knowledge of astrophysics and space travel to follow. Thank you for the review.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 676
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Mmmmmmh.....seems like an interesting story. But anything is possible in fictional story. But I kinda feel the story seems contradictory from what I know about the future of the earth and the survivors. For instance, the planet earth will remain forever and humans will still live in it. I'm not sure I'll read the book😅 sorry.
"Regular reading improves your grammar."
No Wahala
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Theater of Lies by Ted Griffith

Post by Veronica Hunter »

Exodus by Jean Hackensmith & Joseph McDowell is a thrilling journey into the depths of space and the resilience of the human spirit. The authors expertly weave together elements of science fiction with themes of sacrifice, hope, and survival, creating a gripping narrative that keeps readers on the edge of their seats. Congrats on the botd.
Eisha Nadeem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eisha-nadeem.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Eisha Nadeem »

What a captivating review! Your enthusiasm for "Xodus" by Jean Hackensmith & Joseph McDowell is infectious. Your analysis of the characters, especially Garret Long's brilliance and President Rebecca McCann's transformation, highlights the depth of the storytelling.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Garret Long's ingenuity and determination to save humanity are particularly compelling, serving as a beacon of hope in a dark and uncertain future. President Rebecca McCann's transformation from a controversial leader to a selfless hero adds depth to the narrative, highlighting the complexities of leadership in times of crisis.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

Exodus by Jean Hackensmith is a book about the destruction of the earth and a search by survivors for a new planet. The story is more of a scientific tale which physicist will make investigations to avert or reduce the impending doom. This sounds like an interesting read. Congrats on the botd and a satisfactory review.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The review's emphasis on the incorporation of accurate scientific details, particularly in astrophysics and space technology, highlights the author's commitment to authenticity. It's refreshing to see such attention to detail in a science fiction novel.
Precious Anavheoba
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Bright Expanse
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Stage Fright by John Gore

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

This sounds like the plot for an interesting sci fi novel. I've been seeing sci fi and dystopian books with plots set around the year 2084. What's up with that date?

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”