Review of Exodus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephen Christopher 1
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: Sh*t Happens by Gavin L James.
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 44%

Re: Review of Exodus

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Apocalyptic futures is a common theme in sci-fi books right now. the fact that the events of this one happen four years from now is even more compelling. I'm going to add this to my list.
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june-moon.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by June Moon »

We always in one way or the other live under the threat of losing our planet. This book takes that and make it even bigger by putting humanity in a place where the difficult questions need to be asked and even more difficult choices need to be made. It's a chaos but immensely thought-provoking.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

"Exodus" by Jean Hackensmith & Joseph McDowell is a gripping science fiction novel depicting Earth's impending destruction and the desperate search for a new planet. Throughout the book, characters like Garret Long and President Rebecca McCann emerge as heroes, showcasing bravery, sacrifice, and leadership as they navigate the challenges of survival in the face of catastrophe.
Ram Uday Mahajan
Currently Reading: The Shanghai Circle
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ram-uday-mahajan.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Ram Uday Mahajan »

This is a well-rounded review that delves into the characters, plot, and the book's impact on the reader. The reviewer's appreciation for the author's attention to detail and the editor's work is evident. The recommendation at the end is a nice touch, making it clear who might enjoy the book.
Damian Keyes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damian-keyes.html
Latest Review: Last Minute Wedding Date by Anthony george
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 23%

Post by Damian Keyes »

Congratulations to the author for receiving the BOTD honor. I’m going to pass on this story because it’s a apocalyptic novel that’s set to happen in 4 years, current time.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

What would you do if a neutron star was headed straight for Earth and the world would end within five years? Exodus is a dystopian science fiction novel featuring astrophysicists striving to invent antimatter propulsion technology in order to send a limited amount of people into space to find a new home. Will the Aquarius Mission be a success? Excellent, informative book review!
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 352

Post by Tars »

In the way the book is described in the review, it sounds fabulous and just right up my alley, because not only Sci-Fi/Fantasy is my favorite genre among them all, but it is also my belief that at some point in the future humanity will have to leave the Earth to survive. However, considering how we are going, I think it will be an ecological catastrophe before any astronomical event. Sincere congratulations on BOTD!
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3053
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Duck Blinds I Have Known by Donny McElvoy

Post by Kibet Hillary »

What would I do if I knew the world would come to an end in five years? I am not certain at the moment but the question is a thought-provoking one. The fact that the authors are able to make readers connect with every character in the book is a fascinating aspect. This is a must-read. Many thanks for the review.
:tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Himanshu K Yadav
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-himanshu-k-yadav.html
Latest Review: The Gromes in "A Top Hat Day" by Zed

Post by Himanshu K Yadav »

Exodus is an astonishing sci-fi book that provides a white-knuckle competition against the clock. It examines the aspects of human perseverance and creativity when confronting an estimated danger. Congrats on #BOTD!
Sia_young
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading: The Red Movement
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-young.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
fav_author_id: 2719
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Sia_young »

Good job on this review. It provides a wide exposure to the plot of the book. The question, "What will you do if you knew the world will end in 5 years?" made me wonder if I even have an answer to that.
The book sounds like a very intriguing one with astrophysics, space shuttles, and the study of the solar system included inside. Having very little knowledge when it comes to these topics, I'm eager to check out the book at the earliest.
Congrats to the author on BOTD.
Jewel Johnson 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jewel Johnson 2 »

Sounds like a book I'm going to be reading soon. Will humanity rise to the occasion with an impending Apocalypse or will we fall in defeat to our foreseen destruction....😱
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"Exodus" by Jean Hackensmith & Joseph McDowell is a gripping science fiction novel depicting Earth's impending destruction by a neutron star. With vivid characters like Garret Long and President Rebecca McCann, the narrative explores sacrifice, bravery, and redemption amidst a crisis.
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

"Exodus" sounds like a captivating sci-fi adventure, especially with the unique collaboration between the authors. The premise of a neutron star threatening Earth adds an intriguing layer of tension. I'm curious to see how the characters navigate this perilous situation and whether they can save humanity in time.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies by Johnny M. Sanchez

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

Congratulations on the BOTD award. The review is informative and commendable. It has given me details and what the content is all about. I also liked the theme of this book. Can't wait to read this whole book.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Army Life by Darryl Jefferson

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

This book weaves history, religion, and the fight for Israeli independence into a gripping narrative. It's a must-read for those who love drama, intrigue, and compelling characters. Dive in and explore the rich tapestry of events and emotions.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”