Review of Exodus

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
truekhristian
Currently Reading: A Discovery of Time and Space
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Review of Exodus

Post by truekhristian »

I was a bit hesitant after reading the first four chapters of the sample of this book, Exodus, as I am not necessarily a lover of science fiction books , nor the topic of astrophysics...but I do love a good story! In your review, you alluded to altruism being displayed by Dr. Long and President McCann during this exodus which makes me even more interested in reading the rest of this book.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1913
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Exodus' by Jean Hackensmith @ Joseph McDowell provides readers with an appropriate knowledge of the plot of the science fiction story. It serves as a store of information for new readers. Readers would immerse themselves in a tale of science, sacrifice, hope, dedication, and survival. The point that the book tells us the story of the impending destruction of Earth and the search for a new planet by the survivors is worth mentioning in the review. Also, as mentioned in the review, the authors incorporate accurate scientific details especially astrophysics, space shuttles, and the study of solar system. Learning that their work reflects thorough research was great!
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

A sci-fi novel about the impending destruction of Earth in 2028 is very exciting as well as scary so I’m looking forward to digging into this book to find out what the author has to narrate regarding this gripping tale of science, sacrifice, hope, dedication, and survival.
Deborah Belanger
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 207

Post by Deborah Belanger »

"Exodus" by Jean Hackensmith @ Joseph McDowell is a story about how people on Earth are preparing to find a new planet before a neutron star destroys Earth. It's wonderful to see how the authors expertly blend science, sacrifice, and human relationships to create a compelling narrative. I'm looking forward to reading this book so it is on my shelf. Congratulations to the authors for BOTD.
_Rhea Jacob
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

It looks like an intriguing science fiction novel about the incoming destruction of the earth and the rush for safety by the survivors. I would love to read the book! Thank you for your review!
mytkreadingreview
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mytkreadingreview.html
Latest Review: Scam Story by Gini Graham Scott

Post by mytkreadingreview »

Sometimes it is true, when they say love can do anything even taking huge risk's. We saw it with Garrett Long his love to Jennifer leaded to the saving of the whole entire town.
Sofatu Celestine
Currently Reading: You're not sick, you're thirsty
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Sofatu Celestine »

The title reminded me about the biblical story of Moses and all the Israelites departing from Egypt, but in this book, many of earths inhabitants were forced to stay behind. As I looked through the book, all I could say was, wow! what an incredible feat to accomplish? what gut wrenching decisions to make? out of the billions of people on planet earth, only 100,000 get to escape the pending destruction of the earth and everything in it. it was a fascinating book, cleverly put together and extremely engaging. I pray and hope that I never ever have to deal with such a dreadful situation as described in this book.
Mfon Ukim
Currently Reading: Popop's Grimoire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mfon Ukim »

Phew! This has to be the first time a fictional novel engaged me in some moment of contemplation. Think it has a brilliant storyline. And for some of us who actually believe this world will spin its last someday, what would we do different if it were to end in 5 years? Obviously, it's a brilliant novel. And thanks for the review.
Sky Revews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sky-revews.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Post by Sky Revews »

Jean Hackensmith's Exodus plunges us into a high-stakes scenario: a wandering neutron star that will be running us over in just fifty years. The story begins in 2023, with people around the world hurriedly preparing the departure ship that can take some to a new place in the stars.
shiremaiden
Currently Reading: Remembering the Future
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiremaiden.html
Latest Review: Let’s Mountain Bike! by Paul Molenberg

Post by shiremaiden »

I appreciate your note on relatability in this review. While apocalyptic story plots are grand and helpful for evaluating our coming days, I would appreciate the balance offered by the smaller and specific bits of humanity.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

"Exodus" offers a gripping tale of survival and sacrifice in the face of impending disaster. With compelling characters and an immersive blend of science fiction and drama, it's a must-read for fans of the genre. Congrats on BOTD!
Chukwuebuka Offor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Chukwuebuka Offor »

Exodus is a book that shows and offers a contemporary perspective on the relevance of astronomical predictions in modern society, exploring how advancements in technology and space exploration continue to shape our understanding of the universe and inform our predictions of future celestial events.
Sirajuddin A
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 555
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sirajuddin-a.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sirajuddin A »

In most sci-fi novels, the search for a new planet seems to be a favorite theme, and this novel begins its story with the destruction of Earth and the survivors about to leave the Earth for another planet.
Gladis Ratish Kumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gladis-ratish-kumar.html
Latest Review: Frank: The Collection by Tara Basi

Post by Gladis Ratish Kumar »

The review provided a wealth of information. The plot, set against the backdrop of a looming five-year countdown to Earth's destruction, appears highly intriguing. I'm excited to dive into the book and uncover more details.
Reva Parker
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 483
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reva-parker.html
Latest Review: Dear Abigail by Richard Rees

Post by Reva Parker »

Thank you for the informative review. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I must say I was surprised because I don't care for science fiction books and usually found them very confusing, but I actually liked the sample too. I'm glad the editing was well done too. I'm curious to know if they find out what happened on the Aquarius. It sounds like a book to make you really think hard about life and everyone in the world.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”