Review of The darklink project

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-charles.html
Latest Review: Mrs. Ashley's First BBC by Mr and Mrs BCFlyers2016

Review of The darklink project

Post by Nenye Charles »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The darklink project" by tom mchendry.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

“The Darklink Project” by Tom McHendry is science fiction about a self-conscious brain named Proteus, created by Professor Grace Baxter, who is in charge of the project. Dr. Danny Reo is a lecturer on artificial intelligence at the university in Aberdeenshire.

At the onset of events, I thought Danny came on the professor’s invitation to the research center. However, I was in for a pleasant surprise. Apparently, he was invited over for his lateral and abstract thinking. But by who? At the farmhouse, Danny’s system gets infiltrated by fumes from fire extinguishers, which leaves him unconscious. Who was trying to kill him, and for what purpose? Jim, the security guard at the farmhouse, was brutally murdered. Is there a link between his death and Danny’s near-death experience? Who else wanted to learn about the outcome of the experiment?

I like the friendly bond shared between Danny and Max, especially during the lockdown. Despite being faced squarely with a complete wipeout of the planet, there was a sense of humour between them. Again, I like the personality of Proteus, despite being a superbrain in a robot’s body. She possessed likeable qualities and a show of affection similar to that of humans. I admire Eric for his bravery, though it came with adverse consequences.

I have no reason to dislike anything about this book. The author used a simple style of writing to convey his words. Again, despite being science fiction, the concepts and terms used are easy to understand and follow. I found some minor errors in the book, which didn’t affect my reading flow in any way. Therefore, the book is professionally edited. I’m intrigued by the author’s creative imagination, which enabled him to write this masterpiece of a book.

I give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars, as I see no reason to deduct any stars. This book is recommended to lovers of thrillers, science, humour, artificial intelligence, and ground-breaking discoveries in science.

The darklink project
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Enjani Matendeko
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

There's this thought by some people that the brain is the master of the body. Proteus might prove that to be true. However, it seems there's more to the story for it to involve deaths. I'd like to know more.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This novel draws inspiration from some classic science fiction stories using some of their elements to create an intriguing plot about artificial intelligence. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

I really enjoyed reading your review, as it provides good insight into the book. The dark link project has an intriguing plot. I would surely add this to my waiting book list. Thanks for such a detailed review.
Chiamaka_Glory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiamaka-glory.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Chiamaka_Glory »

The dark link project is a book I have read and love so much. I would like to know the culprit behind the mysterious murders. Thanks for a great review.
Colleado Keana Rose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-colleado-keana-rose.html
Latest Review: Rise and Conquer by Juan Partida

Post by Colleado Keana Rose »

The blend of originality and chaos in Theodil's task fascinated me, offering a fresh perspective on the age-old question of cosmic origins. The author's imaginative approach, combining science and fiction, presented a unique storyline that kept me engaged.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”