Review of Heart of a Warrior

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: The Tainted Jade by Richard Blaine

Review of Heart of a Warrior

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Heart of a Warrior" by Brittany Davis.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Heart of a Warrior" by Brittany Davis is an enthralling fantasy novel that introduces us to the resilient heroine, Kyrah Findley. Set in a world transformed by the magic plague, the narrative unfolds with monsters, unique powers, and a captivating blend of characters. Kyrah, a warrior and part magi, embarks on a courageous journey with her sister Phoenix, a magi. The plot weaves through encounters with characters from various tribes, each possessing distinct powers. True to its title, the book narrates the inspiring story of Kyrah's bravery in her mission to liberate her people from the warrior kingdom's enslavement. Facing challenges and even confronting the formidable King Mathias Capello, Kyrah's unwavering determination propels the plot forward. For readers intrigued by tales of bravery, danger, and quests for freedom, "Heart of a Warrior" is a must-read.

I was truly enthralled by the author's remarkable storytelling prowess and her skill in crafting a narrative that transforms the book into a compelling page-turner. As the first installment in a series, it adeptly captures the reader's imagination, leaving us eager to unravel Kyrah's destiny and her mission to liberate the slaves. The book encompasses all the elements required for an epic fantasy. Kyrah, a young and formidable warrior with heightened abilities, introduces the possibility of her possessing magical prowess as a part-magi. King Mathias Capello, ruling over the warrior kingdom with magical abilities, seeks to ascend to unrivaled power. Additionally, the inclusion of a myth, the book of magic, hints at the potential restoration of magic and the quest to locate essential artifacts. Together, these elements create a captivating and engaging reading experience.

Kyrah Findley is my favorite character in this book, and I was genuinely captivated by her heroic deeds. From her brave decision to face a larger and stronger warrior to protect her sister to her journey to the camp of the Free People and back to the warrior kingdom, she consistently demonstrated the heart of a true warrior. Another character I found truly enjoyable was Phoenix. Her fervor to end the oppression of the Magi tribe and secure freedom for her people showcases remarkable courage. Despite losing her powers due to the magic plague, she refuses to be deterred and takes up fighting lessons to contribute to the battle against the warriors.

I found nothing to dislike about the book; it was truly beautiful, and every character played their role effectively. The epic nature of the book has me eagerly anticipating the twists and turns that Kyrah's quest will unfold. The book is professionally edited. I discovered just one error in it.

I give this book a solid 5 out of 5 stars for the captivating heroics of the characters and the engaging storytelling by the author. It proved to be an incredibly interesting read, and I eagerly anticipate the next installment in the series. I highly recommend this book to anyone who appreciates a well-crafted fantasy story. It's a delightful choice for those seeking an engaging fantasy series.

Heart of a Warrior
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Naushin Moledina
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

Heart of Warrior sounds interesting. I am adding it to my reading list. Thank you for the honest and detailed review. Want to know about Kyrah more. Surely gonna read this one.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Island Girl by Charles R Hinckley

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Brittany Davis has created a literary gem with 'Heart of a Warrior.' The characters, the world-building, and the intricate plot showcase the author's incredible talent. A fantasy adventure that keeps you hooked till the very end.
Adwaid S JITH
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adwaid S JITH »

I apologize for any confusion, but as of my last knowledge update in January 2022, I do not have information about a specific book titled "Heart of a Warrior" by Brittany Davis. It's possible that the book was released or gained prominence after that date.

To find more details about the book, including its synopsis, reviews, and other relevant information, I recommend checking online book retailers, the author's official website, or literary databases. You can also explore reader reviews on platforms such as Goodreads and Amazon to get a sense of how readers have responded to the book.

If you have access to the internet, consider conducting a search on popular book-related websites or the author's social media accounts for the latest information. If there's a specific aspect of the book you're interested in, please provide more details, and I'll do my best to offer assistance based on the information available up to my last update.
Adwaid S JITH
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adwaid S JITH »

I apologize for any confusion, but as of my last knowledge update in January 2022, I do not have information about a specific book titled "Heart of a Warrior" by Brittany Davis. It's possible that the book was released or gained prominence after that date.

To find more details about the book, including its synopsis, reviews, and other relevant information, I recommend checking online book retailers, the author's official website, or literary databases. You can also explore reader reviews on platforms such as Goodreads and Amazon to get a sense of how readers have responded to the book.

If you have access to the internet, consider conducting a search on popular book-related websites or the author's social media accounts for the latest information. If there's a specific aspect of the book you're interested in, please provide more details, and I'll do my best to offer assistance based on the information available up to my last update.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like the start of an epic fantasy series that uses some classic tropes of this genre to create an engaging story in a well-constructed fictional universe and great characters. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for providing such a thorough and enthusiastic review of Patricia Conroy's "Mockingbird Moon". Your observations regarding the book's captivating plot, outstanding visuals, and educational value are useful to future readers. It's encouraging to learn how the author was able to pique people's interest in nature and bird watching. Your personal connection to the narrative, together with the recommendations for different audiences, gives dimension to the review. Excellent job conveying your passion!
Timothy Gye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-gye.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Timothy Gye »

Thank you for sharing your insightful review, Your detailed analysis highlights the author's skillful blend of science and marketing concepts, enriched by engaging personal anecdotes. It's encouraging to see the positive impact of real-world examples and the effectiveness of practical insights. Your thorough appreciation, including the absence of dislikes and recognition of the well-edited content, reinforces the book's value. Your 5-star rating and recommendation make a compelling case for readers!
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Free and Fearless by Phil Moser

Post by Andrew Darlington »

I admire the author's remarkable storytelling prowess and her skill in crafting a very engaging narrative. This seem to be a book capable of getting me hooked especially for the fact that I could see picture of scenes in my mind as I read through the review. You did an excellent Job piece together.
Williams Nnodim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-nnodim.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Williams Nnodim »

" 'Heart of a Warrior' promises an epic fantasy series with classic tropes and engaging storytelling. Brittany Davis impresses with intricate world-building and captivating characters. A literary gem that keeps readers hooked until the end."
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Hush by Douglas Stewart

Post by Florence Daniel »

Heart of a Warrior" offers a captivating and engaging reading experience, skillfully blending elements of bravery, danger, and quests for freedom. Brittany Davis introduces a world with unique powers, monsters, and a resilient heroine, leaving readers eager to explore Kyrah's journey further in the series.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

Heart of a Warrior" provides a captivating and engaging reading experience, skillfully blending elements of bravery, danger, and quests for freedom. Brittany Davis introduces a world with unique powers, monsters, and a resilient heroine, leaving readers eager to explore Kyrah's journey further in the series.
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

The review of "Heart of a Warrior" by Brittany Davis paints an enticing picture of a captivating and well-crafted fantasy novel. The reviewer praises the resilient heroine, Kyrah Findley, and her courageous journey to liberate her people from enslavement. The book encompasses all the elements required for an epic fantasy, with intriguing characters, unique powers, and a quest for freedom. The storytelling prowess of the author and the engaging narrative make it a must-read for fans of the genre. Overall, the review suggests that the book is a fantastic choice for those seeking an enthralling fantasy series.
Azaz Raja
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azaz-raja.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg

Post by Azaz Raja »

The concept of "Heart of Warrior" piques my interest, and I'm inclined to include it in my list of books to read. I appreciate your sincere and thorough review, and I'm curious to delve deeper into the story. This book seems like a compelling read, and I look forward to learning more about it. Thank you for sharing your insights.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Kyrah Findley emerges as a standout character, captivating readers with her heroic deeds and unwavering determination. From protecting her sister to journeying across diverse landscapes, Kyrah embodies the heart of a true warrior. Phoenix also shines as a courageous fighter, despite losing her powers, demonstrating resilience in the face of oppression

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”