Review of Destiny of Angels

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: On the Precipice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Review of Destiny of Angels

Post by Mayang Bature »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Destiny of Angels" by Eric Myers.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Destiny of Angels" by Eric Myers unveils the dystopian world of Peyrvi's, ruled by the authoritarian Pontix Frederick, who eradicates religion and commands worship to himself. The town's fate lies in the hands of four individuals born naturally—Drace, Buscillo, Marina, and Val—who hold the key to thwarting the Whisperer's dark influence. Guided by medallions and an old man named Starik, they traverse through a portal to another dimension, facing challenges to unlock their destined powers. In an epic battle alongside angels, they battle against demons. With the odds largely against them, do they have any hope of victory?

"Destiny of Angels" is an interesting book that will definitely keep its readers on their feet in anticipation of what's next. The book is filled with shocking revelations and suspense, as seen in the character transitions from Drace to Buscillo to Marina and Val. Character development, which can be seen in the lives of the four characters, was adequately portrayed. Marina was always angry at people who rejected her, and I got to understand her emotions as a result. The book helps the reader understand that there's more to life than death and that one creates their reality based on one's perception.

The author’s descriptive effort is seen in the story. The intense battle scene with the Warrior Angel, Raiki, valiantly against the demonic horde created a tense atmosphere, making me eager to know how it ends. The creative suspense included was something I enjoyed as the uncertainty gripped even the onlookers, including Marina and her companions. This descriptive quality also helped in describing the character depth in the story. Drace was my favorite, as I really enjoyed his wit and could understand the pain he felt and the choices he made.

Characters like Val and Marina demonstrate resilience in the face of adversity. Their ability to overcome challenges, whether societal judgments or personal struggles, teaches the importance of resilience in navigating life's difficulties. I also liked the portrayal of the importance of choices. The characters' journey emphasizes that destiny is not predetermined and that individuals have the power to shape their paths through the choices they make. This encourages a sense of agency in one's own life.

I absolutely loved everything about this book, and I rate it a perfect 5 out of 5. The story was properly portrayed, and the single error I found was easily overlooked. Christians who enjoy Bible fiction would enjoy this book the most, as there were references to some occurrences that are in the Bible.

Destiny of Angels
View: on Bookshelves
As long as there is a concept of victors, the vanquished will always exist.

~Uchiha M.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

Based on the review provided, "Destiny of Angels" by Eric Myers seems to be a thrilling and compelling read. The book received a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 and is described as filled with shocking revelations, suspense, and intense battle scenes. The character development and depth are well-handled, with the reviewer appreciating the portrayal of resilience and the importance of choices. The reviewer also noted that Christians who enjoy Bible fiction would particularly enjoy this book. Overall, this review suggests that "Destiny of Angels" is an excellent choice for readers seeking an engaging dystopian fantasy with religious undertones.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Proxima Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by NetMassimo »

A supernatural fantasy with religious connotation can be interesting and I appreciate the importance of personal choices in the story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”