Review of Time Before Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Re: Review of Time Before Time

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The portrayal of cutting-edge technologies across various planets sounds fascinating. I'm intrigued by the action sequences and the characters' expertise. The review makes it clear that the book offers a thrilling ride through imaginative landscapes and gripping narratives.
Patel Khushi Manishbhai
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Markus Zusak
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: To the Lighthouse
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patel-khushi-manishbhai.html
Latest Review: Send Her Back and Other Stories by Munashe Kaseke
fav_author_id: 2540

Post by Patel Khushi Manishbhai »

Books have a unique way of stopping time in a particular moment and saying: Let’s not forget this.

Dave Eggers

The title is certainly interesting and your review make s the book more enticing. The sample hinted at good character building and a well written plot. Book added to TBR. I wonder what secrets the barn houses.
Ni_weh_sesh62
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

I enjoy reading science fiction and this one seems to have a lot of insight on how planets work and how they're all connected to each other. I love exploring the vast universe and reading stories about it. So I would enjoy this book. I'm interested in knowing why John left the elite special forces and decided to become a bodyguard instead.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The vivid scene-building described in the review truly sets this book apart. Feeling like you inhabit the same timeline as the characters sounds like an immersive experience I'd love to dive into. The seamless execution of plot developments and character evolution is a big draw for me.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I love how the review highlights the book's exploration of alternate creations and interconnectedness, making the universe feel expansive yet interconnected. It's intriguing to think about Earth's place among numerous constellations. Definitely piqued my interest!
Pride Vambe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Pride Vambe »

It’s really very simple, time is its own dimension. After discovering this, I’ve found a way to move outside of that dimension."
Infused with the spirit of the time travel classic Back to the Future, this engaging narrative takes readers on an adventure featuring a stubborn but relentlessly brilliant scientist whose insistence on peeling back the veil to see the multitude of worlds and their cataclysmic events jeopardizes the time continuum. What’s worse is the risk of advanced technology from the future falling into the hands of ancient races predisposed to abusing its power.

The character of Emerson Whitmore drives the storyline. He is always a step ahead of his contemporaries. When he calls upon the services of John Chantry, a veteran of the Elite Special Forces of the Space Rangers, a dynamic duo of Whitmore’s brains and Chantry’s brawn is established. Though Whitmore is married to his theories, seeing a “mad genius” develop a meaningful bond is refreshing. He and John initially travel to the late nineteenth century, where they stop a family from being ambushed by bandits. Later, they run into their own ordeal when trying to bring back enough gold—from an era where gold’s existence is limited only to the indigenous people—to fund the continued evolution of Whitmore’s time travel work. The outcome, rather hilariously, is the duo’s portrayal as gods in the eyes of the natives.

When Whitmore and Chantry run into the Colonel and become privy to the impact of the Krolls and the Earth Management Project, tough decisions must be made. Nevertheless, true to his nature, Whitmore is unyielding in his efforts to unravel and experience millions of years of the world’s history. A mastermind in every respect, he has planned for every setback only to come back even stronger. Ultimately, the combination of endearing characters, a plausible time travel concept, and a thought-provoking timeline delivers a compelling experience for all audiences.
Fransiskus Julio
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Fransiskus Julio »

It is really tell you that John and Emmerson have the best experience in time travel. How the author explain about time travel and the theory of relativity it's quiet interesting. This book is knowledgeable with other theories and explanation. How the professor tells everything and the detail is make me too stunned to speak. As a part of sci-fi this is legit a great book!
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Dalia Chf »

This concept is very appealing. A sci-fi novel that delves into alternate and parallel realities mixed with military strategy! Sounds like a page-turner! And knowing the descriptions are very vivid and life-like? I’m sold! Thanks for pointing that out!
Enjani Matendeko
Currently Reading: Nightlord
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enjani-matendeko.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Enjani Matendeko »

What was so intriguing about John Chantry's job as a bodyguard? His former work as a Special Force also interests me. In fact most things about the military interest me.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

Expertly capturing the expansiveness of the cosmos, the portrayal emphasizes that our terrestrial civilization is still in its infancy when measured against the celestial wonders that lie beyond our planet. My aspiration is that the civilizations under discussion extend beyond a Western-centric perspective.
Fatima Ezzahra Laabidi

Post by Fatima Ezzahra Laabidi »

"Time Before Time" by Dan DuBose is a thrilling science fiction novel that take on a captivating journey through time and space. The story revolves around a group of time travelers who embark on a dangerous mission to alter the course of history. As they navigate the complexities of time travel, they are faced with moral dilemmas and existential questions about the nature of time itself. With its gripping plot and thought-provoking themes, "Time Before Time" is sure to leave a lasting impact on me , prompte me to ponder the intricacies of time and its effects on the human experience.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Huini Hellen »

This book explores the existence of multiverses and how subsequent actions affect the other realms. Thank you for your thorough review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Fairooz Aziz
Currently Reading:
2024 Reading Goal: 23
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Fairooz Aziz »

What a lovely review. Sci-fi makes for good books and a good read, it is mind blowing and sits on your imagination. Thank you so much for sharing this review with us
Lauren white 6
Currently Reading: A court of wings and ruin
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reading Device: B07P5VPHSQ
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Post by Lauren white 6 »

As a dedicated fantasy reader I have never delved into the world of sci-fi. This book had me gripped from the get go. The sample i have read so far is flawlessly written and very detailed. The attitudes of mankind in the book certainly resonate with me, as this something that may happen in our not so distantant future. This will certainly be on my TBR list.
Lara Jay

Post by Lara Jay »

"Time Before Time" by [Dan Dubose] is a riveting exploration of temporal anomalies, intricately woven with elements of science fiction and historical fiction. From the very first page, readers are swept away on an enthralling journey through time, guided by a narrative that seamlessly blends history, mystery, and adventure.

The novel follows the protagonist, [Main Character's Name], as they stumble upon a hidden artifact that possesses the power to manipulate time. As they unravel the mysteries surrounding this artifact, they find themselves thrust into different epochs, encountering historical figures, witnessing pivotal moments, and grappling with the consequences of altering the past.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”