Review of Time Before Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Re: Review of Time Before Time

Post by Harty Muli »

I am intrigued with the plotline touching on space exploration and time travel. Thanks for the review.
Don Kibagendi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Don Kibagendi »

The book sounds interesting as it offers readers an immersive and imaginative experience. I would love to read it's as it is science fiction I really enjoyed it
Krystal de Cent
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Krystal de Cent »

Where is the prose? The author is thoughtful and has have a good sense of the world they are describing. However, the writing style made me feel like I was reading an extended preface, or a block of yellow text scrolling through space.
Joseph Moyana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by Joseph Moyana »

This book ranks highly on my list of books to read because of its well-executed editing, clear direction, and straightforward story. I appreciate the suggestion.
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am fascinated by John's new job as a bodyguard for Professor Whitmore Emerson, an esteemed academic. I am intrigued by the surprises that added a twist to his seemingly ordinary new job as a security guard. I am fascinated by the alternate creations and entities coexisting with our planet.
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

This books sounds interesting. I love sci-fi genre and the topic here being that other creations coexisting with earth fascinates me. Congrats on BOTD.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Janet Kimetto »

I would love to read this book. I love this type of science fiction, built around planets (and gravity), constellations, time travel, and space travel. I like teamwork, and more so, the mention that every character (in this story) is really good at what they do. Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Saiq Abbasov
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saiq-abbasov.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Saiq Abbasov »

As a science fan, I loved that the book was science-based and appealed to me as a soldier. It has an ambiance that elevates people as they read, as if they were watching a movie.
Lunar gate
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunar-gate.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Lunar gate »

This book offers engaging sci-fi adventure with vivid world-building, diverse realms, and in-depth characters. The clear storytelling, expertly crafted plot, and refined editing make it a top recommendation. Thank you for suggesting it.
Sham Gwalani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sham-gwalani.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sham Gwalani »

Time travel stories have always fascinated me but not at the cost of repetition. The review shows how "Time Before Time" is not just a simple time travel but travel across the universe too. My curiosity button is already turned on.
Olga Markova
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 112
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Olga Markova »

This is a great review, and I agree with all your points, especially the captivating story-telling and the neticulous scene building. I sampled a few chapters, and I loved Professor Emerson's and his bodyguard John travels on the time machine to October 1881 and the dilemma about not getting involved in the past events as that could change the future unpredictably. I fully agree that it is a solid novel with no aspect to criticise and would thrill fans of sci-fi and fantasy.
Nancy004
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: A third is darkness by Murray Bailey

Post by Nancy004 »

Time Before Time" offers an immersive journey into a universe where Earth's civilization is but a speck. Intriguing plot twists, vivid landscapes, and masterful character development create an engaging read. Sci-fi enthusiasts will be captivated by its imaginative storytelling and military backdrop.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Gemma McMahon, I just read your comments on the official review of "Time Before Time" and I also found this a wonderful sci-fi book. I do not read sci-fi very often but I was so impressed by the sample and official review that I ordered a copy of the book so I can enjoy the entire story. It really makes one wonder if there were civilizations on Earth 400 million years ago and if they were so advanced that they traveled to other planets. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Olga Markova, I just read your comments on the official review of "Time Before Time" and I agree this is an incredible story I enjoyed the sample and official review so much that I ordered a copy of the book so that I could read the entire story. I have heard that some scientists believe that there may have been two or three other civilizations on Earth and while there is no proof other than speculation about the incredible pyramids and unbelievable remains in Mexico and other central American countries. I cannot wait to receive the book on February 21st so I can read the entire story. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Hi @Gene Gene, I just read your comments on the official review of "Time Before Time" and I agree this is an incredible sci-fi story. I wonder how Hollywood could bring this story to the big screen? I was so impressed with this well-written book that I ordered a copy on Amazon that will arrive on Wednesday February 21st. I do not read sci-fi books very often but this one fascinated me and made me wonder if there really could have been ancient civilizations on Earth more than 400 million years ago that were so advanced that they used space travel to go to other planets inside and outside our solar system. This book is obviously fiction but I was hooked after reading the sample. @Mrlefty0706

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”