Review of Time Before Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sonia_Gonzalez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 215
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonia-gonzalez.html
Latest Review: 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton

Re: Review of Time Before Time

Post by Sonia_Gonzalez »

John Chantry has been training Space Rangers recruits, but he is ready to change his life and leave the Rangers. When he receives a proposition to become Professor Whitmore Emerson's bodyguard, he is more than happy to accept it. But this job might not be as ordinary and relaxing as he thought.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 246
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: Your Father Has Something to Tell You by Dave Riese

Post by Hy Be »

Nice review. "Time Before Time" by Dan DuBose depicts the alternate creations and entities coexisting with the Earth. The author creatively weaved themes of space , career and humanity through the lens of John Chantry. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: Risky Business In Rising China by Mark Atkeson

Post by Esther Deekor »

My interest is piqued by your brief and vivid description of the plot. I wonder what awaits John in his new job although I'm not a fan of sci-fi novels. Congratulations on BOTD!!
Rezaul Hasan
Currently Reading: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rezaul-hasan.html
Latest Review: Trinities to Enneagrams, 2nd Edition by Allen David Young

Post by Rezaul Hasan »

Fans of science fiction and time travel will find "Time Before Time" to be an exciting and thought-provoking book. This book stands out in the genre thanks to DuBose's painstaking attention to detail and skill at telling a gripping story. If you enjoy science fiction, I highly recommend it. Getting a rating of five stars from me.
Prabhat Sunil Mathur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prabhat-sunil-mathur.html
Latest Review: Severed Roots by Nego Huzcotoq

Post by Prabhat Sunil Mathur »

Your insightful review of "God is Willing" captures the essence of the book's profound exploration into God's pre-ordained plan and the ongoing battle against manipulation. The author's use of Bible passages to support her arguments adds depth to the narrative, offering a unique perspective on faith and discernment. The engaging writing style, coupled with sequential arguments, creates a compelling reading experience. It's reassuring to know that the book is well-edited, contributing to its overall excellence. Your 5 out of 5 stars rating and recommendation for Christians seeking a deeper understanding underscore the book's value. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights on this thought-provoking work.
Naushin Moledina
Favorite Book: The Canterville Ghost
Currently Reading: Boundaries
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naushin-moledina.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Naushin Moledina »

In "Time Before Time," retired Space Ranger John Chantry seeks a quieter life as a bodyguard for Professor Whitmore Emerson. Surprises at Emerson Barn lead to an unexpected twist in his seemingly ordinary job. The book explores alternate creations and interconnected planets, emphasizing teamwork and the repercussions of actions. It offers an immersive and imaginative experience. Must read for sci-fi fiction lovers. This is a very informative and honest review. Thank you.
To hate is an easy lazy thing, but to love takes strength everyone has, but not all are willing to practice
Ms Dodtale
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ms Dodtale »

Time Before Time has been a wild ride of a series with its straightforward approach to classic time-travel tropes
Book Reviewer 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-reviewer-22.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Book Reviewer 22 »

Dear Veronica Hunter,
Thank you for your perceptive review of" Time Before Time." Your disquisition of the book's themes and narrative rudiments truly highlights its witching nature. The transition of John Chantry from the Elite Special Forces to a sentry, along with the unanticipated twists he encounters, promises an engaging read. Your analysis of the book's disquisition of alternate creations and the interconnectedness of globes adds depth to its narrative. The emphasis on cooperation, moxie, and pictorial scene-erecting further enhances its appeal. Your recommendation speaks volumes, and I am agitated to dive into this imaginative trip.

Best Regards,
Book Reviewer 22
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 607
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

The book is well executed and readers of this genre will probably enjoy it, but it's not for me. Thank you for the review.
Kisakye Christa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kisakye Christa »

The fact that it portrays both a military setting and a typical setting makes it worth the read. Am intrigued by such books thank you author because am putting this on my reading list
Kristine Mariel Diaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristine-mariel-diaz.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Kristine Mariel Diaz »

The book has an intriguing and captivating sound.
I really enjoy these science fiction novels because they get me to think on how big our universe is and how small our planet and civilization are in relation to it.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by grace ruhara »

It must be thrilling to find a job that pays you four times what you used to pay, but is there something fishy about it? I must read Time Before Time to find out.
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the book "Time Before Time" by Dan DuBose. I’m curious to see how the authors explore the history and the future of Earth and its alien visitors. I’m definitely going to add this book to my reading list. Congrats to the author on #BOTD!
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

"Time Before Time" follows John Chantry, a retired elite space ranger turned bodyguard, as he navigates surprises at Emerson Barn. The captivating narrative explores alternate creations, interconnected planets, and emphasizes the repercussions of every action. Thanks for the amazing review.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Time Before Time seems like a great science fiction book. The book has a captivating storyline and I like that the author vividly describes things for readers. The author also does a great job of world building in this book. Congratulations on making botd!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”