Review of Time Before Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ebele Ekelobi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebele-ekelobi.html
Latest Review: My Life as a Cryptocurrency by April Lee

Re: Review of Time Before Time

Post by Ebele Ekelobi »

I'm not usually a fan a science fiction but from what I can get from your review, this seems like a really intriguing read. I'll check it out. Great review.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Time Before Time” by Dan and Beau DuBose is a story about alternate creations living on different planets in other galaxies more advanced but co-existing with Earth with a civilization in its infancy compared to other planets. An asteroid had been hurtling towards Earth for many years and scientists were tracking it. When it was within 2 years of impact, billions of Earths 10 billion population were transported to other planets via 2,500 ships that had to make hundreds of trips to transport the people, animals and plants. Some people refused to leave stating that they did not believe the asteroid would hit Earth. They were wrong and when the asteroid hit all life was eliminated and the North and South Poles switched position while a world that had been 65% land became 70% water. The sample was a wonderful story that included a time machine that the scientist that created it wanted to ultimately go back more than 400 million years to a previous world populated by humans. This population was very intelligent and had traveled through space and co-mingled with other creations. This is an incredible sci-fi book that I cannot wait to read.
Precious Gadini
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Precious Gadini »

I'm not a science fiction fan but your review grabbed my attention ,making me intrigued with curiosity of John Chantry's journey
Precious Amarachi Nzeakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-amarachi-nzeakor.html
Latest Review: I'll Always Be With You by Violetta Armour

Post by Precious Amarachi Nzeakor »

I would love to see how the author merges all these concepts mentioned in your review into a single book. From the storyline to the protagonist, and the bit on teamwork and even galaxies, I believe this book will be worth the read.
Ajiferuke Ajibola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajiferuke-ajibola.html
Latest Review: The Prison of Power by G Michael Smith

Post by Ajiferuke Ajibola »

Dan DuBose's "Time Before Time" seems intriguing. From scene-building, intricate narrative creation, plot development, and character introduction to vivid imagery, I agree that the book is worth the read. Congrats on BOTD. Beautiful review.
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Affirm The Word by J. Marie Jones

Post by Alexander Victoria »

John Chantry's transition from a member of the Elite Special Forces to a bodyguard for an esteemed academic highlights the diverse career paths available to individuals after retirement from high-intensity professions.
Nizar hassan

Post by Nizar hassan »

Some fascinating concepts are used with great imagination to develop this science fiction novel creating a result that makes me really curious to see the consequences. Thank you for your great review!
Suvankar Das 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suvankar-das-1.html
Latest Review: The Disciples by D. Fuller Smith

Post by Suvankar Das 1 »

Thank you for providing such a detailed and glowing review of "Time Before Time" by Dan DuBose and Beau DuBose. Your analysis covers various aspects of the book, from the intricate world-building and character development to the immersive quality of the narrative.
Ejimma Chika Promise
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ejimma-chika-promise.html
Latest Review: Happiness to the 10th Power by T. Calvin Ward

Post by Ejimma Chika Promise »

I can't wait to discover the surprises that come with the enticing job of being Professor Whitmore's bodyguard. I bet that John didn't see it coming. Nice review!
Nelly Wairimu

Post by Nelly Wairimu »

The plot is so interesting and captivating, holding me spellbound to reading this book.The suspense when John changes career from the Elite Special Forces to a bodyguard makes me want to know if the change fulfills his quest for a less exciting life.

Great review!
Lorna Philip Enslin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading: Good Not Hate
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-philip-enslin.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley
Reading Device: 1Device
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Lorna Philip Enslin »

'A thorough review from Veronica Hunter, thank you. The well-summarised plot the reviewer manages to convey sounds captivating and provides a clear overall picture of what to expect. 'Time Before Time' offers readers an immersive and imaginative experience that piqued my interest and allowed me to explore this book further.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This book presents an intriguing narrative of John Chantry's transition from elite space forces to a seemingly ordinary job, unveiling unexpected twists in a captivating storyline. The authors masterfully explore alternate creations and the interconnectedness of planets, creating an immersive experience for readers. Nice review.
Abhishek Kumar Gupta
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhishek-kumar-gupta.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 365
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Abhishek Kumar Gupta »

Thank you for sharing your detailed and insightful review of "Time Before Time." Your thorough analysis of the book's intricate world-building, character development, and captivating narrative truly highlights its strengths. It's clear that the authors have crafted a compelling and immersive story that keeps readers engaged from start to finish. Your recommendation will undoubtedly guide other sci-fi enthusiasts towards a rewarding reading experience.
Gene Gene
Currently Reading: Deceptive Calm
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Gene Gene »

"Time before Time" is a captivating story written by Dan and Beau DuBose. The author introduces the audience into a space exploration of the "multiverse".The precise description of events is amazing as it gives vivid description about the outer world. Like how Dan and Beau DuBose described the astroid. I'd highly recommend the book to the audience who wants to explore more about other worlds.
Sameena Ansari
Favorite Book: Dracula
Currently Reading: Losing Hope
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by Sameena Ansari »

The seamless blend of vivid landscapes, intricate plot developments, and masterful character evolution in 'Time Before Time' is truly remarkable. I'm excited to uncover the mysteries and explore the depths of this immersive sci-fi adventure with John Chantry.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”