Review of Astral Alignment

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Review of Astral Alignment

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Astral Alignment" by Randall Sharpe.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Situated in a vast multiverse, including several worlds, this book introduces the series, setting the groundwork for upcoming events. Grab a copy of Astral Alignment by Randall Sharpe for a thrilling experience.

The book is divided into two parts, showing different worlds. The first part, showing the alien world, captures a woman who wakes in the woods, short of memory, only to recover little of her details through the objects surrounding her. Clover, as she discovered her name to be, contributes as a member of the Forestrunners while uncovering more about her forgotten humanity. The second part, showing the human world, follows Darien Weever, a government operative who was on a chase to retrieve a dangerous spell book from a group called Delta Freya, which later ends in the hands of a cult. Meanwhile, in another scene, Josiah gets abducted by his father, who plans to use his son’s power, which the boy has yet to discover, to seek retribution on the cult’s leader. After several years of exploiting his power, Joe finds himself in an event that will change humanity.

The book contains elements of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror and would keep readers thrilled and desperate for more. Being the first in the series, there was lots of information left unanswered, which I believe will be explained in the subsequent series. I liked the suspense that came along with the book. The author gave detailed descriptions of astronomic beings, making it easy for readers to visualize. The author listed other installments in the series for readers who wish to continue. From my observations, the author is skilled at writing science fantasies. I longed to know the reason behind Clover’s memory loss and appearance in the human world. I found all characters appealing and was most interested in Mercer because of his humor, despite his short appearance in the book. I learned from the cooperation and support of the Forestrunners to defend themselves from their attackers.

I found the transition between different chapters uneven. The book would have done better by including a table of contents for easy navigation. There were also times when it was difficult to tell which character was speaking. It was professionally edited, as I spotted one error. I should note that the book isn’t a standalone, although readers would love to get the others because of its suspense. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. My observations are not enough to deduct a star.

The book is recommended to lovers of science fiction and cosmic fantasies. It might be difficult for young readers to catch up with the book’s flow.

Astral Alignment
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alex Lynn
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-lynn.html
Latest Review: God, Science and the Bible by Arnold V Page

Post by Alex Lynn »

"Astral Alignment" by Randall Sharpe seems like a thrilling introduction to a multiverse series, blending elements of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror. Your detailed review provides valuable insights into the dual perspectives of Clover and Darien Weever, weaving a complex narrative that keeps readers intrigued.

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful and comprehensive review!
Ibraheem Rasheedat
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donald-cecil-hufstedler.html
Latest Review: Running For One's Life by Lauren Jedlan

Post by Ibraheem Rasheedat »

Based on the review, "Astral Alignment" by Randall Sharpe seems to be a captivating read filled with sci-fi, fantasy, and horror elements. The detailed descriptions of astronomic beings and the suspense throughout the book keep readers engaged and eager for more. While the transition between chapters and identifying characters speaking may be somewhat uneven, the book is professionally edited with minimal errors. With unanswered questions and a desire for more information, it is clear that this book is a promising start to a series. Overall, the reviewer rates it 5 out of 5 stars and recommends it to fans of science fiction and cosmic fantasies.
Pranav Dewangan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The blend of sci-fi, fantasy, and horror elements, coupled with the suspenseful storytelling, has me hooked. The vivid descriptions of astronomic beings promise an immersive experience, and the unanswered questions leave me eagerly anticipating the next installment. I appreciate your insights on character dynamics, especially Mercer's humor. Despite minor issues, your 5-star rating assures me this is a must-read for fans of cosmic fantasies. Thanks for the recommendation!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Exit Strategy
Bookshelf Size: 429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by NetMassimo »

A blend of genres starts what seems like an epic series set in a complex multiverse. A story not easy to follow but probably engaging for readers who are ready to pay proper attention to this big story. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”